Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed up a while ago, just started visiting.
Out of turbo's and into Scions now, had my mom buy the Gen 1 xB in 2005 and I have the 2008 xB.
No more go fast for me, going for MPG and decent sound now.

Glad to be here, hope I can help and/or contribute in some way... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yanges said:
welcome uberspeed!

and Thanks for the DIY stuff you are posting! really helps when planning what to do for my xB! :rockon:
My pleasure yanges!
Doing more sound deadening this weekend, hopefully my AVIC D3 next weekend, I'll try to take pics of that and post them up. :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
uberspeed said:
yanges said:
welcome uberspeed!

and Thanks for the DIY stuff you are posting! really helps when planning what to do for my xB! :rockon:
My pleasure yanges!
Doing more sound deadening this weekend, hopefully my AVIC D3 next weekend, I'll try to take pics of that and post them up. :)
sounds good uberspeed!

i may just go with the sound deadening material first to see how it sounds since i am on a tight budget - i figure if i cover the doors well that the sound improvement may do me for now...

btw, i was checking out your MPG chart from your sig link - you are getting pretty decent mileage, are you doing a lot of highway driving? it looks like it from your mileage driven...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely do sound deadening. Keep road noise out, keep music in. Mind you deadening isn't that cheap and it's a pain to put on. If I were you I'd swap out the speakers for the Polks I'm using. You can do db651's for front and rear, it'll still be an improvement.
I do a lot of highway, nut it's gridlock highway on I-95 and 595, I try some hypermiling techniques. I'm making a big change from fast turbo cars to this now, just needed to :(

Thanks sonicmyk! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts