Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading this post: ( http://newscionxb.com/do_it_yourself/installing_homelink-t1906.0.html ) I purchased a Homelink system from a junked 2003 Lexus IS for my 2010 xB2. Once I removed the system from the Lexus sun visor I hooked it up to a temporary 12 volt power supply to make sure all three buttons worked, which they did.

Now I’m ready to install the Homelink system to the overhead console in the xB.

My question is, has anyone been able to figure out how to remove the three (3) button switch from the Homelink transmitter? It would make the install a lot easier if I could separate the two units, cut an opening for the switch mechanism, and then reconnect the transmitter and switch to complete the job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

· Registered
2 Posts
I just bought one also, not sure what type of vehicle it came out of, it has a square body, 3 buttons and an oval cover. I have found so far that you have to open the square cover and remove the circuit board to access the two tabs that hold the cover over the buttons. Haven't gone any further than that with mine.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information.

I installed the HomeLink last weekend and it works GREAT!!! After I figured out how to open the HomeLink box of electronics and then removing the three button switch from the module the installation went like a breeze.

Programing it was a little tricky but the people at Homelink were very helpful and very patient. I have three garage doors that needed to be programed and all of them had the rolling security electronics. To program each door I had to stand on a ladder next to the garage door motor. I'm lucky I didn't break my neck.

It's so nice to get that butt-ugly Genie clip on remote off of the sun visor. I tried to attach a photo of the Homelink system installed but can’t figure out how to get it to post to this site.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.