Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i got some Subaru fog lights, and i hooked up on my car, behind my grille, they look pretty sweet, but the only problem is, after they're all hooked up and everything, every single light on my dashboard came on. need help! those lights are super annoying. I'll post pictures later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dude. said:
so, i got some Subaru fog lights, and i hooked up on my car, behind my grille, they look pretty sweet, but the only problem is, after they're all hooked up and everything, every single light on my dashboard came on. need help! those lights are super annoying. I'll post pictures later.
Did you check your fuses?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i haven't checked my fuses. could it have blown a fuse? i didn't have it running to anything else on the car, except, a ground, and to my battery.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
battery, switch, and ground, i meant. and if i unhooked them, then wouldn't they turn off?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dude, I think what WhiteNoise is trying to say is, if you unhook the lights you added do the other dashboard lights go out?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, alright. idk, i'll try it when i get a chance, i have to go to work in 20 minutes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yesterday i did some mods on my front bumper vents that include lights and i hooked them all up and have done it a couple of times :mad: (long story) but any way i had the same problem there were i think 3 lights that came on and I looked it up in the manual bc i freaked out bc that many lights lit up on my dashboard freak me out but of course the manual said take it to dealership duh i thought to myself but then i looked and both headlights didn't come on i have a HID kit and i haven't checked yet but it seems like a fuse issue, just lettin you know your not alone on the issue

·
Registered
124 Posts
could it be that you need or have a relay?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dude. said:
battery, switch, and ground, i meant. and if i unhooked them, then wouldn't they turn off?
You're going straight to the battery for power, and to the frame for your ground?
Did you tap into the factory fogs for the wiring?
Are you using an after market switch (just a toggle), or are you using the factory one with the factory wiring?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took mine out, and changed the switch to the leds in my c pillar speakers, mine is straight from the battery, and grounded to a bolt in the shifter area, and I have a toggle switch. My dash lights were still on when I unplugged everything.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone found a solution to this, yet?

I was pulling fuses, and checking them, now when I turn my key to ON it locks my doors, and when I turn it back to ACC, it unlocks my doors, it's never done this before, do y'alls?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dude. said:
Has anyone found a solution to this, yet?

I was pulling fuses, and checking them, now when I turn my key to ON it locks my doors, and when I turn it back to ACC, it unlocks my doors, it's never done this before, do y'alls?
This can't be good.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes? I would try that and see if the computer resets the dash light. By pulling the fuses you might have lost the door lock setting too.

I would disconnect the battery for a while and then reprogram the door locks according to the owners manual.

Good luck.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scion said:
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes? I would try that and see if the computer resets the dash light. By pulling the fuses you might have lost the door lock setting too.

I would disconnect the battery for a while and then reprogram the door locks according to the owners manual.

Good luck.
I figured it out. There's a little black box type thing at the bottom of the dash, that has a plug into it, and I unplugged it so I could get to the fuses better, and I forgot to plug it back in. I plugged it in, problem solved. Well, the door locking problem, that is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.