Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm putting my sways in after work tomorrow, and have a question. The instructions say to unbolt the lower control arm to remove the front bar. Is this absolutely necessary, or can I get away with leaving it bolted?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The instructions make no mention of an alignment. It actually states that it isn't required. I'll try removing the bar without unbolting the control arm, and only undo the bolt if I need to.

·
Registered
614 Posts
When I did mine, it only said to remove the front bolt from the control arm and just loosen the rear one.

And yes, it needed to be done.

I did have my alignment done afterwards, but I put my lowering springs in at the same time, so I needed to anyways.

·
Registered
368 Posts
We had TRD springs, Hotchkis sways, and strut tower brace installed at the same time. Front end alignment was way out of spec with the car pulling to the right. I had read in advance of doing the installs that an alignment would be required.....proved to be the case. Just a heads up....hopefully you will have better luck than I did. Let us know how it all turns out.

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got the rear in no problem. Needed more clearance than the jack stands provided to do the front, so some time next week I should have some time on a post lift to do the front bar and my springs.

I will get an alignment after that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You shouldn't have to have an alignment with only a sway bar install, it shouldn't affect the suspension, camber or caster....if you change the springs or any other suspension, front end should be aligned.
:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.