Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
My Camera was put in the top of the rear door so it was protected from the weather. I ran the power to the license plate lights so that I could use the camera as a rear view mirror by just putting on the running lights. It was just a matter of snaking the power wires down from the top of the door to the power which was the license plate lights. I removed the rear door panel by just pulling it off. You only have to snake the wires about three feet. Initially I used the brake lights as the power source but when I stepped on the brakes the camera would go off. Anyway. It has been hooked up for over a year and no problems so far. As for the monitor, I ran the power to the dome light as it was always "hot". I mounted the monitor to the drivers side visor. There is a thread about this DIY on here. Just try search. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
I thought it was easy as running the satellite antenna. I have the Boyo VTL2000 and I ran the wire thru the ctr boot that feeds the rear brake light, around the right side inside the metal and into the rear panel. its important to do it from back by the plate to the front first. I should have made a video of install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whenever I install a reverse cam I usually mount them to the license frame. I drill a small hole behind the plate so it is hidden and run the wire in that way. Make sure you seal that hole up good and route your wire though the boot to get into the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.