Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
At the end of the instalation guide it mentions that you can remove the engine cover from the bottom and adjust the lights. I would assume you could also change the bulb that way. BTW the bulb looks to be a regular headlight bulb and I was thinking about going HID with it. Has anyone tried that yet.. BTW. I do alot of night driving in the back woods of Louisiana looking for docks down on the Bayou.

·
Registered
474 Posts
WhiteNoise said:
I think the bottom black grill might pull off. Any more opinions on this? Id like to put some yellow bulbs in there.
Having done the installation of the foglights I can assure you that the "bottom grille" can not be removed without taking the bumper cover off...don't know how much trouble it would be to replace the bulbs...but, a word of caution...I drive with the fog lights "on" when the low beam headlights are on...in Florida (and other States) if it rains you must turn on your headlights...this is not a problem unless you run thru "standing" water that can cover the "hot" bulbs, causing them to fracture.

Brewski

·
Registered
613 Posts
you could always flick on your highbeams and it cuts the fog lights off, or hit the factory off button for the fog lights.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
WhiteNoise said:
I think the bottom black grill might pull off. Any more opinions on this? Id like to put some yellow bulbs in there.
Rather than go to all the trouble to change the bulbs, hubby got some clear yellow film for the fogs on his truck and my car. He said he noticed that there are some rock dings on the fogs, so the film will help protect, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.