Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
haha - that is funny!

i can not stand it if my windshield is not really clean! i think i got that way from driving a charter coach [greyhound style bus] years ago - i always kept the windows super clean for driving :D

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah I hate dirty windsheild's, but with the current parking conditions at work its no point in cleaning until friday afternoon. Once we are in the new warehouse it will stay cleaner.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't see the point in cleaning my windshield. As soon as i clean it, the largest, scummiest bugs you ever did see home right in on the clear glass. If it's dirty, they leave me alone and find some other poor sap with a nice car to kamikaze on. I guess the mutilated carcasses of their fallen brethren helps to serve as a warning...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Took a short trip on the PA turnpkie this afternoon. Front end is plastered, and the remains of several are streaked across the windshield. I'll do something with it tomorrow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ross said:
I don't see the point in cleaning my windshield. As soon as i clean it, the largest, scummiest bugs you ever did see home right in on the clear glass. If it's dirty, they leave me alone and find some other poor sap with a nice car to kamikaze on. I guess the mutilated carcasses of their fallen brethren helps to serve as a warning...
:rofl: :rofl: It's a bug conspiracy!!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
and what's the last thing that goes through the bug's mind before he hits the windshield????? ???

·
Registered
35 Posts
My coworkers and I have estimated 400+ on the windshield. probably 1500+ total on the front end and windsheild. And I've got some cell phone pics to prove it. LOL (data cable is loaned out I can't get them off like I usually do)

·
Registered
266 Posts
TulsaToaster said:
and what's the last thing that goes through the bug's mind before he hits the windshield????? ???
"Oooh fuuudge!"
>> [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
400, wow. I was thinking of picking up a windshield brush (like they have in gas stations) for the summer season. Its not even bug season around here.

Remember that Yankees v. Cleveland Indians baseball playoff game last year with all those bugs? That is our bug season around great lakes. It is not uncommon for mayflies to swarm carlights such that you have to pull off the road.

MiniBus

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm about to head on a little over a 2 hour drive to Hot Import Nights just outside DC. I'll count all the spatters and post my killcount when I get back :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ross said:
TulsaToaster said:
"Oooh fuuudge!"
>> [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word...
Our favorite holiday movie! A classic!!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Actually what I usually do is clean the window good, use rain-x and then put rain-x in my washer bottle. That doesn't stop the bugs but it makes them wipe off easy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts