Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my xb a month ago brand new. I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct range and miles per tank. I last filled up 12 gallons and my full tank before have me about 286 miles. Is this normal? Also why does it say its 14 gallon tank?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got my xb a month ago brand new. I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct range and miles per tank. I last filled up 12 gallons and my full tank before have me about 286 miles. Is this normal? Also why does it say its 14 gallon tank?
Yeah, I feel ya on the "14 gallon tank" thing..... I bet I have only ever run mine down to a point for 12 gallons, one time..... on a 12 gallon fill I'm usually at about 350 miles or so.... It will get better after you have been driving it for about 1000 miles.... maybe a bit more. Just give it some time to get used to your driving habits.... the transmission is a "Smart Transmission" and learns for a while..... once it "knows" you, it quits adjusting so **** much.

·
Registered
844 Posts
One thing about newer cars, the fuel pump is cooled by the gas so don't let the tank get too empty, or the pump will start to get hot and fail. That pump costs a lot and the labor to install ain't cheap either. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.