Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI lets find out how many miles you have racked up on these great cars--do include any major repairs required in that time--not regular maintenance--the year would be helpful----- ENJOYING THE RIDE----BEST REGARDS TONY

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I've slowed down in the last year . . .
Unemployed, now working near my home (about 1/2 mile).

So, 40,000 in 2 years.
NO real maintenance to speak of besides rubber, oil, and gasoline.

· Registered
49 Posts
Well ive got just over 1000 on mine in about a month. Now my service sticker they put on my windshield when i got it says i dont need to take it in for maint. til 5000 miles,, is that right ?? i know they had synthetic oil but that seems like a lot of miles before a changing .

· Registered
342 Posts
Toyota recommends every 5000 miles. I have a 2009 with 16,000 miles got it in July of 2009 with 4,800 miles on it.

· Registered
49 Posts
Cool. It just seemed strange for 5000 miles. Guess im just used to the Malibu SS i had that needed it more like 3000 miles i think it was.This is my first import so im still learning.

· Registered
741 Posts
7000 miles in almost two years. I know, I know. The Golf course isn't that far away. No repair issues and still enjoy driving my xB2. Still LOVE this car.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
I got my car in November '09 with 17,600 miles on it. Now I've put not quite 21,200 miles on it, so I've only put about 3600 miles on it in just under 8 months.

I've had work done too: I got a dent taken out of my hood and a pretty decent sized battle wound removed from my back bumber (both were fixed at the same time).

· Registered
326 Posts
Hey ya'll. I riding an RS5, she has 61000 miles on her, picked her up in April 08. No repairs, no problems, no complaints. The only body work I've had done was replace the front bumper as I ran over one of those pesky wood rats (deer).

· Registered
11 Posts
67,345 miles, 2009 purchased August 17, 2009. I put on around 75,000 miles a year on my car.

· Registered
342 Posts
75k a year??? Where do you go???

· Registered
339 Posts
Bought mine Jan 1 09 and today I just hit 15,000 miles. Not bad nut this year I will put on a lot more moving further away fron my job.

· Registered
94 Posts
Got my 2009 on Dec 1st 2009. Had my 10K check up today with 10,440 miles on it. Like the car, not happy with my local dealer. After todays 2nd complimentary oil change I will be going to synthetic oil at 15K. My last car was a Hyundai Elantra and I used nothing but synthetic every 5- 7k. Never a problem and I sold it with 143K... and it still was in great shape. My dealer today tried to scam me on not doing the tire rotation with the complimentary 10k service... I caught them at it because I removed one of the valve caps before it went in for the service and it came out on the same wheel. They swore they did it until they hauled the mechanic out who worked on it and he said he didn't do it--he missed seeing it on the work order. Funny, you would think the dealer mechanic would know what a 10,000 mile service entails wouldn't you???? ust another way to do a half *** job and charge Scion the whole nut. Guess Toyota really doesn't care much about their reputation. I'm not going back to that dealer (Naples, FL) and not sure I'll go to any dealer unless it is a warranty problem. Better to find a good mechanic you know and trust.

· Registered
11 Posts
I use the xB on a highway contract mail route. About 240 miles a day round trip from my house to the post office and the 172 mile route then back home. For the past eight years I have used two RAV4's. The one I still have has 414,000 miles on it and is still running but the post office said it was too old (a '98).
No major repairs on the xB. Just oil changes and tires. I replaced the brake pads at 60,000 miles which is really good for stop and go driving. I could only get about 40,000 on the brakes of the Rav4.
I put the car up on jack stands and check it over once a week. It was awesome in the snow this winter but ground clearance isn't that good - that is why I kept the RAV4, for the deeper snow days.
The power and the feel of the xB makes the day a little more fun. BTW, I am 61 years old and have driven everything from log trucks, lowboy, school bus to my Yamaha Roadstar 1700. My other car, besides the RAV4 and motorcycle is a HHR, I prefer the Roadstar then the xB.

· Registered
4 Posts
I use to deliver mail until about a year ago for 3 years. I was just a Substitute/Saturday carrier and my route was only 80 miles so I cant imagine your route. I wish I had the xB for it. Although I did have a 96 Buick skylark which was amazing for the mail route.

· Registered
94 Posts
chief52 said:
Got my 2009 on Dec 1st 2009. Had my 10K check up today with 10,440 miles on it. Like the car, not happy with my local dealer. After todays 2nd complimentary oil change I will be going to synthetic oil at 15K. My last car was a Hyundai Elantra and I used nothing but synthetic every 5- 7k. Never a problem and I sold it with 143K... and it still was in great shape. My dealer today tried to scam me on not doing the tire rotation with the complimentary 10k service... I caught them at it because I removed one of the valve caps before it went in for the service and it came out on the same wheel. They swore they did it until they hauled the mechanic out who worked on it and he said he didn't do it--he missed seeing it on the work order. Funny, you would think the dealer mechanic would know what a 10,000 mile service entails wouldn't you???? ust another way to do a half *** job and charge Scion the whole nut. Guess Toyota really doesn't care much about their reputation. I'm not going back to that dealer (Naples, FL) and not sure I'll go to any dealer unless it is a warranty problem. Better to find a good mechanic you know and trust.
Went on a long trip over the summer, JUL 12-Sep 1st. I put over 9500 miles on going from FL to NY to WY and MT then down thru CO, NM and TX before heading back to FL I drove mostly secondary highways seeing America, Just had my oil changed and tires rotated again, the mileage is now 20,431 and no problems other than a semi through a tire belt in front of me just 200 miles from home. I couldn't swerve to avoid it as I was towing my Harley behind me. The tire belt caught under the right front tire and ripped the inner fender well. I replaced it myself but it was a $150 cost (Toyota Parts) for 2 cheap pieces of plastic stapled together in the middle, oh, and $110 for 8 plastic fasteners. Car ran great the whole trip, no problems, and towed the trailer and bike fine--even averaged better than 28mpg for the trip.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.