Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys wax your cars? I've had mine waxed once since buying it. I took it to a detail shop and had it done. $50. Wash, wax and wheels. $80 if I wanted the interior detailed too. I think I may get another wax on it before winter.

Just curious how often others get it done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi shancopp,

It depends alot on where you live, and if the car is garaged or lives outside. I do pretty regular exterior detailing, but I would say that i will do a real wax about four times a year, with GRIOTS GARAGE "best of show" wax. The rest of the time I use GRIOTS car wash and their spray wax. For a quick touch up they sell a product called speed shine that is a great in between detailer. ALWAYS use micro fiber towels made without polyester thread as it will scratch.

www.griotsgarage.com

Hope this helps

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
So far . . .
About every 2,000 miles.

Oh, wait. That is WASHING.

As for waxing . . .
So far . . .
Never.

·
Registered
566 Posts
As a general rule, the xB gets washed weekly and I use Eagle-1 Wax As You Dry with every wash. I'll probably give it a regular wax job in the spring, but that will be about it. Since I discovered WAYD I've cut conventional car waxing by 75%. The xB gets the garage and Classic Silver looks good with less work than the darker colors, which also helps. The last black car I owned got "waxed" monthly...or sooner and frequently got hand washed twice a week.. That cured me of the black car allure for good. My truck (also silver) will get waxed about twice a year as well as WAYD with each wash, but it sits outside year round.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wash every other week or so during summer, and anytime it is sunny - in the 40's during winter.

I wax about 3-4 times a year, do a full detail every spring (clay, paint cleaner, polish, wax), and do interior details every few months.

I keep up on it!

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
My dragon wagon has to be washed on a regular basis...especially for shows. Hubby does most of the exterior while I do the interior and windows. Since I have large graphics I can't use regular wax. I discovered RapidVehicleShine.com. This stuff is excellent. Wash the car, rinse. While the car is still wet, spray the liquid wax on everything then dry. First road trip after about three applications, bugs came off the windshield without streaking or smearing. No bug pits or rock dings on the nose. I was amazed. When we went to the last show of the season, we were out of town. We went to a regular car wash and washed it ourselves. There was tar on the lower part of the door panels that came right off with a cloth. The shine never goes away. Come Spring when the shows start again, we'll use the wax again when we wash.

·
Registered
180 Posts
As often as possible :naughty: Oh wait, you mean...uh yeah.

I've only waxed it once since I got it, for the calendar shoot. I need to do it again but the weather and other things are preventing me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
twice a year. :eek: weather it needs it or not.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I waxed my car, the next day after I bought my xB2. In a harsh environment, like here in Las Vegas, I would wash my car once a month (I do alot of DRY car washing). In terms of waxing, they said synthetic should last you about 3 months, but IT DEPENDS. I wax my car about every 90 days, with Mothers FX SynWax or Meguiars TechWax 2.0.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.