Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! It's been a while since I logged in. Been busy with work and the forums have slowed down (at least I thought/felt) and I just started checking in little less.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience with Scion today.

I wasn't able to take advantage of the two complimentary services that come with our '09 xBs. I missed the 5,000 mile service because I just didn't have the time to go to the dealership and I was determined to take advantage of the free 10,000 mile service.

So I went to Toyota of San Bernardino today afternoon. The service advisor tells me that he can't do it for free because the offer expires at one year or 12,000 miles. WTF, right? Anyways, that's what it says on the fine print and I came for a free service and I was determined to get it done for free. The sales advisor told me that he was sure he can't do it because he recently had a customer who was barely over 12,000 miles and the dealership submitted the paperwork for their payment and the corporate declined their request because the car was over 12,000 miles and the dealership had to eat the cost (which is f***ing minimal anyway).

So I call up Toyota, on hold for 10 minutes, got to a live person, then she tells me that she can't help me because it's Scion. So I told her I've been on hold for 10 minutes and I can't hold for another 10. She gets me right to a person at Scion. I got to Gina (not quite sure what her title is) and I explained to her that I wasn't able to take care of any of the complimentary services and I wanted to know if there's anything I can do or she can do to help me. About a minute of talking to her, she tells me that as a one-time courtesy, she can reimburse me the cost of the service which was $79.95 at the dealership. She gave me a case number and she documented it on my file at Scion (I guess they have a profile for each one of us over there at their corporate offices). She also told me to go ahead and fax her the invoice and proof of payment and she can get a reimbursement check out within 10 weeks. 10 weeks seems to be a long time but still better than being out $81.86 (with taxes). I guess I can post an update in 10 weeks (or sooner) when I get my reimbursement check.

I know some of you will say, "why didn't you just do it on time and pay nothing up front and don't have to deal with trying to get a reimbursement?" Well, sometimes, life doesn't always go your way and you're not always near your dealership. I am just sharing my experince with Scion today. There also was a nail in my rear tire which would have cost me $19.95 (probably $5 at my local tire shop) and I asked the service advisor to just throw it in as a complimentary if he can and he gladly did that which was nice.

I've heard that some dealerships don't really do everything they say they do so I put on some colored tire valve caps (I had a couple pink ones laying around at home) in the front and when I picked up the car, they were in the back. Whether they really rotated the tires I don't know but at least they looked.

So that's my Scion experience today and I hope all of you are enjoying your Scion and services offered by them as much as possible.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
wangster said:
...I've heard that some dealerships don't really do everything they say they do so I put on some colored tire valve caps (I had a couple pink ones laying around at home) in the front and when I picked up the car, they were in the back. Whether they really rotated the tires I don't know but at least they looked....
I mark two of the wheels with a dot of touch up paint next to the valve stem.

Interesting to note there have been two threads about complimentary services expiring. Dealers don't seem to point this out when you buy the vehicle. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.