Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need your help on these

with so many options, I'm a little bit confused, which will be the best rims for da xB :)

looking at some websites, the specifications are:
Bolt pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5).
Offset: 34 to 45 mm
Tires up to 660x235mm
Rims up to 20x8.5".

I want 18 inches rims with 235 45 18....... but........

I really would like to buy staggered rims ( wider on the rear )

but..... when I select 18x9, 18x10 or 18x11... it said will not fit :(

may be the 18x11 it is too much.... we can just delete it

but what about the 18x9 or 18x10 ??

does anyone have any exprerience or info on this ?

18x8 on the front ... I think it is ok

but I really wourl like to get a wider rim for th rear.... but I'm affraid.. it will not fit

I do not want to got to the store and get more confused by the sales people

so.... I want ask you guys about this....... please help

I saw a couple that caught my eye :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have 18s with 245/40 et 45. Anr on racelands, adjusted half way down and no bump stops. Slight wheel well scuff on hard bumps and whipping turns. I have same size on all four. I want the staggered too but you will also not be able to rotate em. Could always ad a spacer, just a thought, for the staggeredness.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would not go staggered; this isn't a sports car and there's no significant performance advantage to doing so. Go with some hub spacers (not wheel spacers) if you want the look; that way you can actually rotate your tires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the staggered rims will be just for the look, no performance involved

if we use a hub spacer ?? how thick need to be ? I do not want to cut the original studs

at the same time.... I will be a little ( may be a lot ) worried to run at high speeds ( 70 to 90 mph ) with hub spacers..... I will not mind if it is just for cruising slow

hope it make sense

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.