Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i want to remove some of the interior pieces of my car just want to know if there are any good tutorials around that i can use to help me, don't really have any intentions of breaking something lol..!, i am planning on getting these hydro dipped so i would like to know how to remove them, for instance, the plastic gauge cluster, door handles, the ac vent rings, the ac plastic bezel and the shifter plastic part, the plastic things on the steering wheel and next to it where the light button is.. that's most of it.. cheers.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Here ya go!

And the door handles themselves or the plastics around them?
The plastic behind the handles just pop out (might have to use a flat head screw driver or panel popper cuz they can be tight. Be careful).
The piece containing the window buttons and stuff has one screw in the little hole and then it just pops up as well.

If you need the door off then Disconnect the plug for all the buttons and set it aside, pop off the tweeter cover by just pulling carefully. Then start on the bottom of the door panel and pull out and work your way pulling it out around the whole outside edge. You'll then have to feed the door handle in through the whole as you ppullthe door panel off. Then you'll have full access tp the door handle and what ever else you need

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
The passenger side ac vent is the hardest. The driver side one comes off with the panel you remove to get to the gauges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.