Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

So I have an annoying noise in the front passenger “A” pillar. This morning I tried to remove the pillar following a sparks pdf it just say pull off. The only problem is that the thing is really on there! Did I miss something I don’t want to rip it in the process? Can you guys offer any advice on this? Thanks for your help

· Registered
979 Posts
I haven't done it, but have read in several other threads that once you loosen the A-pillar, there is a clip inside that needs to be rotated 90 degrees. It is there so the A-pillar doesn't fly off and smack you in the face when the air bag in there deploys.

· Registered
457 Posts
Like zinger said there is a saftey clip near the top of the pillar to hold it in place when the airbag goes so you don't get smacked in the face with it. It requires a bit of extra force and twisting to get it to release.

Just realized that your title said weather stripping. For that pull really hard, there is nothing holding it in place except a u-channel clip. I would start in the middle of a flat area first then work toward the ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.