Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Ive been creeping this forum for a few days and thought I'd formally introduce myself. My name is L.A., and I just picked up a classic silver 09 xb from a local salvage yard on tuesday!

The little guy's in the bodyshop getting all buttoned up, but as soon as its out I'll be sure to post some pictures!

You all seem to have a great forum and community, and Im glad to be able to become a part of it!

Now.....about the whole modding thing....I seem to be becoming a bit obsessed with "window modding", or....trolling around the internet looking at mods...(HID conversions, nice wheel/tire combos, suspension setups). Anyway, like I said, Im glad to meet all of you and hopefully can meet many of you someday!

- L.A.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the best xB2 Forum on the web. Lots of really nice people here. Looking forward to the pics when the car is done.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Roller_Toaster said:
Hey all, Ive been creeping this forum for a few days and thought I'd formally introduce myself. My name is L.A., and I just picked up a classic silver 09 xb from a local salvage yard on tuesday!

The little guy's in the bodyshop getting all buttoned up, but as soon as its out I'll be sure to post some pictures!

You all seem to have a great forum and community, and Im glad to be able to become a part of it!

Now.....about the whole modding thing....I seem to be becoming a bit obsessed with "window modding", or....trolling around the internet looking at mods...(HID conversions, nice wheel/tire combos, suspension setups). Anyway, like I said, Im glad to meet all of you and hopefully can meet many of you someday!

- L.A.
Welcome!!!

Sounds like a PERFECT candidate for some awesome extreme mods . . .
I'd love to see that.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:
Howdy and welcome. We are currently in Texas getting ready to retire and move back to the Great Smoky Mountains of northeastern Tennessee, so yeeeehawww.
AWESOME!!!!!

We might be able to actually MEET in person one day!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you need help spending your money on Mods, just let us know. Love spending other peoples money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well..., here she is! I know it looks a little rough...but the parts are already on their way. By the way, If you ever buy a wrecked car in BFE...talk to the guy for awhile...and then talk to the body guy for awhile. Apparently charisma goes a long way, these guys cut me one heck of a deal after I sat and shot the breeze with them :D

Actually...it looks pretty good from this side.

The main damage ^

Getting pulled out/fixed for....zilcho

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Upon further inspection...I know why they wrecked it. The front tires are COMPLETELY bald....Im amazed they didnt fly off a cliff... :eek:

Oh well, all the more reason to get some niiiice new rubber on there....maybe...on...some niiice new wheels..... :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just ordered a set of low bean HID's from ddm (no hi beams because there aren't projectors).
All the bodywork arrived today :D

hrm...I've never spent money on a car I didn't have yet before...it's kind of fun!

I'm thinking of ordering some hotchkis springs....but I cant find any koni yellows :/

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
ted58 said:
Oh that's a bad damage that happened to the car.I hope you repair it soon.
It was a salvage purchase. It was that way when purchased and planned to be fixed/modded.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Quick update!

Got the xb home, everything is done but paint...had a few setbacks. Hub had to be replaced, needed a new strut and a few other odds and ends.

Aaaaaaanyway, Took it off the lot, and got to the tire shop ....click...CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. CRACK! The first fan broke free of the fan shroud housing....so I had to unplug it to keep her driveable (I was already behind schedule to get the tires mounted, the shop stayed open just to get them on!).

So, I got home and started checking for the shrouds...but of cooourse, they only sell them with both fans, for around $180.

Anyway, I LOVE the xb2....completely :D

Looking forward to posting pictures of it painted and modded soon!!

Edit: On the three hour drive home, I was trying to find a word to describe how it felt.....and I think I figured it out.

Peppy. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.