Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I just picked up my 10 series xB last week. I've been trolling the forums trying to find a decent spot and settled here. I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can.
This is my first scion, I'm coming off owning a 2012 Si sedan, and am pretty impressed so far with the B.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!

So, is the name a reference to:

or . . .
the more commonly known band . . .
Or . . .
Something else?

Your not related to Francis Gary Powers, are you?

You know, a U-2 themed xB could be kinda cool!

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll get some pics up after its bath later. I wish this 10 series was more of a release series than just a base xB with some blue lights. I'm already looking to swap out the shift knob, and car audio stuff comes in daily! Lol. These stock speakers suck...

· Registered
335 Posts
Now plastidip the WHOLE car. I came across an RS-8 that someone had bought and vinyl wrapped for a home sales company advertising car. The voodoo was showing through the tears in it. Poor car :(

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
THEME!

When originally testing the U-2, they painted them in NACA (forerunner of NASA) markings, claiming they were for "high altitude environmental testing" . . .
Johnson originally didn't want them painted, as it hurt their performance with added drag (over against smooth metal) and weight.

The U-2 NACA markings added to a silver 10 (with a matching U-2 model also displayed) would make an interesting conversation piece!
I once thought of themeing mine as a silver B-25 or A/B-26 Invader, but the irony of the xB's country of origin and the intended purpose of those aircraft made me hold back . . .

In an ironic twist of history, after the SR-71 "replaced" the U=2 and the U-2R came out, the older ones WERE used for high altitude testing by NASA, painted like:

Looking for picts of NASA painted U-2Cs, I see the newer models are/were also used by NASA too (as the long noses make unmistakable).

If you want to talk, off open forum, PM me!
I LOVE the old Skunkworks stuff!

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Welcome!
Happy you settled in here, this is a great forum!

· Registered
432 Posts
Literally nobody has a 10 series on this forums. And you bring us zero pictures to oogle over. Not a one. It's hard to describe my feelings right now? A mixture of hurt.. confused... scared..

just kidding welcome

i hated the stock sound too but a lot of people are unhappy with the oem upgrade. personally, i was offended by the touch, feel, hear settings.

i upgraded everything and it sounds amazing, no rattling

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... Ok... I feel guilty enough....lol
The RS 8 is my fiance's and the Si is the car I'm replacing... Just gotta find a buyer. Lol

I could not believe the sound in this thing. It's so bad I'm putting off suspension upgrades. I've got a Kenwood excelon dnx890, alpine 6.5" components for the front and 6.5“ coaxial for the rears, a jl audio stealth box for some knock and an alpine pdx-v9 to push it all.... Lol.

Attachments

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THEME!

When originally testing the U-2, they painted them in NACA (forerunner of NASA) markings, claiming they were for "high altitude environmental testing" . . .
Johnson originally didn't want them painted, as it hurt their performance with added drag (over against smooth metal) and weight.

The U-2 NACA markings added to a silver 10 (with a matching U-2 model also displayed) would make an interesting conversation piece!
I once thought of themeing mine as a silver B-25 or A/B-26 Invader, but the irony of the xB's country of origin and the intended purpose of those aircraft made me hold back . . .

In an ironic twist of history, after the SR-71 "replaced" the U=2 and the U-2R came out, the older ones WERE used for high altitude testing by NASA, painted like:

Looking for picts of NASA painted U-2Cs, I see the newer models are/were also used by NASA too (as the long noses make unmistakable).

If you want to talk, off open forum, PM me!
I LOVE the old Skunkworks stuff!
The nasa birds are all the new style as well. They flew one to Beale for the 50th anniversary celebration. They're still TR1's they never went to the U-2s model

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for the welcomes...
That shift knob's days are numbered. If I can't find a way to make it feel less cheap, it's gone!
The head unit in this thing will be out in a week or so. Anyone wanting that, pm Me. It DOES NOT have bespoke, but it is upgradeable to it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.