Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Now that it has been 6 months since this was posted, has ANYONE tried these on the Scion stock 16" steelies?

I was wondering how they fit.
-I have read that the steelies are actually 16.?" and many 16" caps don't fit.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TartanJack said:
Now that it has been 6 months since this was posted, has ANYONE tried these on the Scion stock 16" steelies?

i have seen them on one and did not really like the look too much myself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
TartanJack said:

I think Goldtouch had those and had to send them back. Check this page:

http://newscionxb.com/2nd_gen_scion_xb_talk/2008_xb_rs_50_count_off_a_grm_rs_50_registry_list_yours_today-t929.90.html

There is a pic of his RS on the previous page of this thread w/ the covers. HTH

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Thanks.

Goldtouch's comment/review was:
I had to send the wheel covers back as they didn't fit right, they were for an older XB so there was about a 1/4" gap between the cover and the rim. They were unaware that the rims on the 08 were different from the older years, closest estimate to have some that will fit the 08 is 6 months to a year. I already found some nice looking rims though. What sucks is that I really liked the way the wheel covers looked.
As the "smoothie" ones were originally on cars with a small gap (note how rims were often painted a "trim" color that peaked out around the lip of the cap), that might be OK, should someone want to paint the steelies.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
scion said:
These look kool, but wouldn't you want some slots for brake cooling? Just asking!
Actually, I was wondering the same thing. I don't know how much cooling comes through the face of a steelie rim, but wonder . . .
(Chance for wheel and brake expert to enlighten us)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts