Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving up to my great aunt and uncles house which is in Mansfield, TX. I'm in Texas now doing an internship for a Christian metal magazine, but anyway, I'm driving and this cop on the opposite side of the lane turns on his lights as soon as he passes me. He tells me that I was going 60 in a 50, which wasn't true because I had my cruise control on 54. Plus the speed limit sign for 60 was like 5 seconds away down the street. Me being half mexican half black, I didn't try to argue my way out of it. Plus it was really late. Of course he didn't pull the guy over in front of me who was driving faster than I was. $140 for this BS. He was probably jealous that I was driving an XB.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hate when that happens.

·
Registered
474 Posts
"He was probably jealous that I was driving an XB." :eek:

Sorry about your experience with the Texas LEO....not sure but, I think there is a web site that lists "speed traps" and you may have just been in one.
Just bad luck I hope...because if it is the "jealous" thing we may all be in trouble.

Brewski

·
Registered
566 Posts
Damn...I'll be driving through Texas next week. Fortunately well south of Mansfield, but I'll plug in the radar detector anyhow. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
As you all probably know, Scions were one of the most ticketed vehicles last year. Besides speed, we get tickets for smoked heads and tails, dark tint, street glow, and other mods they don't like. There was an article quoted in ScionLIfe that gave this list:
Drivers of these vehicles get the most tickets:
Hummer H2, H3
Scion tC
Scion xB
Mercedes CLK63AMG
Toyota Solara Coupe
Mercedes CLS63AMG
Scion xA
Subaru Outback
Audi A4
Toyota Matrix

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm shocked that no Honda Civics made that list.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's too bad... Texas is a great place to live (esp. Arlington and Fort Worth). I've never gotten a ticket though, so I don't have a reason to dislike our cops. (However, I've listened to plenty of people get tickets on my police scanner! Haha)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Take it to court, bro. That's what I would do. When it comes down to it, make sure it says where you were at on the ticket. I would have made a note of the mile marker that I was pulled at, and also where the 60MPH speed limit sign is. Take the collection of 'evidence' to court and see what happens.

Wouldn't hurt bringing your Pastor with you, either. :lol:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wouldn't hurt bringing your Pastor with you, either.

Excellent!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just going to pay it. I mean come on, they aren't going to take my word over the cops. Plus then Ill have to deal with paying extra court fees and all that mess.

·
Registered
474 Posts
xsalvationx said:
I'm just going to pay it. I mean come on, they aren't going to take my word over the cops. Plus then Ill have to deal with paying extra court fees and all that mess.
Smart man! :yes:

Brewski

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, if you go to court you can always ask for drivers school (if you haven't gone in the past year or two) and while it cost you the same, if you do the school and get the certificate and then mail it into the court thay don't report the ticket to your insurance and they remove the points. Chief

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:
As you all probably know, Scions were one of the most ticketed vehicles last year. Besides speed, we get tickets for smoked heads and tails, dark tint, street glow, and other mods they don't like. There was an article quoted in ScionLIfe that gave this list:
Drivers of these vehicles get the most tickets:
Hummer H2, H3
Scion tC
Scion xB
Mercedes CLK63AMG
Toyota Solara Coupe
Mercedes CLS63AMG
Scion xA
Subaru Outback
Audi A4
Toyota Matrix
hahahahahahahahaha This is the list that the Virgina stateies tell me when they pull me over the last time it happened i had my windows down because it was 95 out he said my windows were up and he wanted me to roll them up so he could test them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Stay away from Ohio!!! The police here don't need radar! They can just look at you car, judge how fast you are going and give you a ticket!!!! They are allowed to just eyeball your car and judge your speed!!!!!

This is what happens when you hire too many people that are supported by taxpayers in the private sector!.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
scion said:
Stay away from Ohio!!! The police here don't need radar! They can just look at you car, judge how fast you are going and give you a ticket!!!! They are allowed to just eyeball your car and judge your speed!!!!!
This is a joke, right? I mean, how can that even be legal?

·
Registered
476 Posts
No joke! Our state courts have up held the practice. On our local news, they interviewed State Police and they truly believe that they can tell the speed of a vehicle, coming or going, buy eyeballing it because of their training and years on the job.

This isn't much different than getting a ticket for not using your turn signal when you did use it. It's just a revenue enhancer, like red light camera's.

States/cities haven't any money to pay to for these tax payer supported jobs and refuse to cut wages. The City of Cleveland just called back 7 firemen with money the city received from Homeland Security money! Not what Home Land Security was all about!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
scion said:
No joke! Our state courts have up held the practice. On our local news, they interviewed State Police and they truly believe that they can tell the speed of a vehicle, coming or going, buy eyeballing it because of their training and years on the job.
I can sometimes guess at a car's speed to within 5 MPH, mostly when they speed past my house in a 25 zone. I really can't say for much higher speeds, though.

Boy, talk about big heads...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.