Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man! After coming out of the car wash yesterday, I jumped out to dry her off with a microfiber and found a small paint chip below the right headlight. damn!

I've gotta get that clear bra!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah you know my custom crest? I found a chip when I cleaned the area to put the crest. Here is the funny thing. I could only see the chip if I looked down on it. If I looked straight at it I can't see it. I can feel it but its invisable.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
Yeah you know my custom crest? I found a chip when I cleaned the area to put the crest. Here is the funny thing. I could only see the chip if I looked down on it. If I looked straight at it I can't see it. I can feel it but its invisable.
i have a few chippies on my front end on hood and lower bumper area...

it is funny how when i see a chip or scratch, i tend to think about it for awhile, then one day, you see another one and then i start obsessing about that :lol:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
Chips and scratches I can handle. Dings and dents drive me nuts.
i am with you on that - i had my Pearl White Solara for 3.5 years and it was in perfect shape, except for a few rock chips in front, only real ding was small dent near license plate and i could never figure out where that could have come from - figured someone must have hit it with a shopping cart...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got my first chip yesterday while driving on the freeway. Some huge rock flew off a garbage truck and hit my rear passenger door, it left a
1/8th inch chip. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
second day i had my 06 corolla i was behind a pos old pontiac-a metal bar came out from under it and bounced on its ends,at the last second it took a funny bounce and hit my right fender -left a 1.5 " scratch that also dented-

man i wanted to hunt that pos car down and burn it

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was reading a thread on scionlife about this issue and there are a lot of folks on there who complain that after only the first few thousand miles, the front end is all chipped up. Hypotheses are that it's due to the big, flat front end and/or cheap paint.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ryeguy said:
I was reading a thread on scionlife about this issue and there are a lot of folks on there who complain that after only the first few thousand miles, the front end is all chipped up. Hypotheses are that it's due to the big, flat front end and/or cheap paint.
Hey...I happen to be strongly attracted to that big flat front end :naughty: ???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ryeguy said:
I thought that was only on the Gen1 xbs or at least I hope! :(
Not that I want xb1s to chip :( but I thought our different design would help as it did with the new windshield slant. Sorry to hear. :( Hope this is not going to be a problem with gold or any other color box. :cry:

·
Registered
130 Posts
danos_xbox said:
Ryeguy said:
Not that I want xb1s to chip :( but I thought our different design would help as it did with the new windshield slant. Sorry to hear. :( Hope this is not going to be a problem with gold or any other color box. :cry:
Unfortunately, the thread I was talking about was in the "xB 2nd gen owner's lounge", so it's happening with xB2's too. I think when I go to pick up my ride, I'm going to invest in a bottle of touch-up paint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Think I will too! :(

Stinks that we live in the 21st century and paint hasn't been made indestructable (unless you want a paint job worth 3 times our car value) yet.

Bras and touch up paint unite for the fight! :rolleyes:
Ryeguy it stinks to have ours prone too! Thanks :wave:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eviljack said:
Shancopp said:
I've gotta get that clear bra!
You know everytime I check this thread for the new replys I read this, but the potential of this sentance didn't hit me till tonight. :rofl: :rofl:
I thought it didn't sound quite right when I typed it, but wasn't sure how else to word it. Glad you got a chuckle!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ryeguy said:
danos_xbox said:
Ryeguy said:
Unfortunately, the thread I was talking about was in the "xB 2nd gen owner's lounge", so it's happening with xB2's too. I think when I go to pick up my ride, I'm going to invest in a bottle of touch-up paint.
Maybe even the clear coat bra???. I'm thinking it's gonna suck hitting the touch up every week!

·
Registered
88 Posts
mine has a couple of scuff marks on it now and its just made it over 1000 miles, there is so much crap on the roads around here getting kicked up when driving so its impossible for it to not happen. I have a good detailer though, so its going into his shop soon to get buffed out. plus the dealer cleaned it and its got swirl marks on it so he will get it all pretty again

1 - 20 of 37 Posts