Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was on AOL this morning. I especially liked the part about "Every car on the market should not look like every other car on the market". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kia Soul
Price: $13,300 - $16,950
EPA Mileage: 31 mpg Hwy, 26 mpg City

Why We Like It: Every car on the market should not look like every other car on the market. Such is the thinking behind the all-new Kia Soul, a funky, contemporary crossover with competent road manners and a choice of fuel-efficient four-cylinder engines for a bargain price of just $13,300. Its interior feels much more expensive, too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

1. I think the lines between the roof and the window bottoms is the same and
2. The whole concept is a rip off of the xB.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Kia Soul is not bad, I would pick this over the Nissan Cube. However, not close to my Scion xB2.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
gr8scape said:

1. I think the lines between the roof and the window bottoms is the same and
2.  The whole concept is a rip off of the xB.
Rumion (xB's Japanese twin)

Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
We were at a car show last weekend. This middle-aged couple came over to my car and were looking at everything. When they saw the badge, they said they came over to see it because they thought it was the Cube. I thought this was very funny and proceeded to show them all the attributes of my lovely xB. I had them sit in the car, she in the front, he in the back. They were amazed at the roominess and the style. I may have made a couple of converts right there. Oh, and I brought home a first place trophy. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
111 Posts
IM really confused on WHY they keep comparing the noSOUL to the xB, isnt it about half the size of the xB, and a whole lot smaller of an engine.....thats nothing to compare to,,its more like an older Tracker or Hyundai or something. Im just really sick of the whole comparison thing between the xB, the CUBE , the noSoul,and whatever else is next...xB FTW

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Kia Soul kicks off the list of Time Magazines 10 Most Exciting Vehicles of 2010. WTF

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got to admit though, I kinda like the Soul's interior better than the xB2's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just saw a review of the three cars on Motor Week and they liked the Soul best. It had much better fuel rating at 30 and 28 as I recall. The cube was second and the Xb was third until they talked about cargo and then the XB was superior. I assume you can go online to see the report.

I am driving from Houston to Rochester MN next week and the back will be full. I was in Enid OK last week to fly kites at an attempt at the worlds record. You may recall that the Red Cross gave 400 kites to the kids on the gaza strip and claimed the record a few days before. A you tube search for enid kite will show you what 2800plus kites looked like and you will see the huge octopus kites I was flying in the back of the field.

The Kitebx ( my TX license plate) cruised at 70 plus with the full load and it still got 26 mpg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm Korean and I'm proud that Korean automakers are quite doing well in North America. However, I do agree with another poster about being an imitator. I can see the Hyundai design team doing this.

1. Get 3-4 cars in the same class and put it in the lot next to each other.
2. Pick out the parts they like and they don't like.
3. Combine only the parts they like together.
4. Adjust a few things here and there.
5. There's your new Hyundai.

Five years ago, even though I'm Korean and proud of Hyundai's success, I personally wouldn't have bought a Hyundai and never a Kia. But now that Kia is part of Hyundai and the quality of Korean cars have definitely increased, I'd actually consider buying them. I like the Genesis Coupe.

·
Registered
2008 xB
566 Posts
wangster said:
I'm Korean and I'm proud that Korean automakers are quite doing well in North America. However, I do agree with another poster about being an imitator. I can see the Hyundai design team doing this.

1. Get 3-4 cars in the same class and put it in the lot next to each other.
2. Pick out the parts they like and they don't like.
3. Combine only the parts they like together.
4. Adjust a few things here and there.
5. There's your new Hyundai.
That's not at all unusual. It is very common for any manufacturer to have compeitior's cars in their styling studios to study the features that would be integrated into future designs. In the 1960's even minor players like American Motors used Mercedes Benz sedans as the platform for models like the Ambassador. They didn't copy the styling, but used the basic dimensions (wheelbase, overall width, length and height, interior ergonomics, etc.). Frequently this activity was farmed out to independent styling studios in an attempt to obfuscate (10 points!) the relationship.

Hey kid, get off my lawn!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Isn't copying a form of flattery? You knew this was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. I was surprised that Scion got the 2nd generation out before the others(Soul and Cube) came out. I think what is in Scion's favor is the subcultural of Scion owners and its groups. I doubt Soul owners are going to start Soul only clubs. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The cube is horrible, The soul is not near the car the xB is. Had a soul owner park right next to me before an he was knocking my B I told him its a mute point to me and asked him if he wanted to race he declined . LOL I heard the road noise is bad in the soul too. For 19k I love the fact that my car is pretty nice to drive on trips.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the chance to sit in the noSoul last car show in Miami...It has a shiny dash but cheap interior. Love the fact that the trunk is about 12' deep lol.

Nissan cube: Got to give them props, that's an unique concept PLUS talk to any 1st gen owner (specifically the ones who bought the first year xB) and I'll guarantee you other car buyers were probably saying the same things we are. Can't say I like the idea of a smaller engine, nor for someone to pass me on the expressway and feeling that my car is going to flip.

So yeah, 2nd gen is the choice for me. Love the space, LOVE the ammounts of young people interested in having car clubs and I definitely love the usefulness. You can throw anything @ the xB and still have space.

I actually had to drop off a friend over to the marina. He took 5 bags + 3 other family members and we all fit comfortably.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i was in a mall in ashville, NC, and they have a Nissan dealer there, i sat in the Cube, and it seemed very small. the roof had a wave design in it too, which was weird.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.