Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 9.0- its automatic.. Now before you click off in disgust- you will find many here on NSXB that have automatic xB's. I know turbos and superchargers and most DEFINITELY five speeds (which I can drive) are the way to go- to hang with the big boys- However, reliability is a key factor to any gearhead. It's no fun having to constantly work on your car even though it's fast. Long story short- aside from i/h/e my goals are 180hp to 210hp to the wheels.... Just imagine that in our boxes- So what did Toyota do to give the Tc 180hp? The FRS 200hp? Aside from it being a 2.5 liter the 2.4's can do it too. I figure anywhere from 180 to 210 is enough for a high 14. Second quarter mile. I'm fine with that. If you really wanna build up and go fast I've seen 600hp FRS's-- but my desire is all XB. We already get no respect or love from the aftermarket community- it's always Civic, Subaru, Jetta, Altima and the like.. Remember- 40 to 70hp shouldn't be that much to ask.. But How?? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2005 Scion XB & 2011 Scion XB RS 8.0
5 Posts
I feel you bro I can concur with the desire for more power for a long time, I have a 2011 RS 8.0 and I’ve always brought up the idea of doing a engine swap with a 2GRFE 3.5L would be well over the 200hp but considering cost and what effect long term it would bring was maybe the reason I never went fourth

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel you bro I can concur with the desire for more power for a long time, I have a 2011 RS 8.0 and I’ve always brought up the idea of doing a engine swap with a 2GRFE 3.5L would be well over the 200hp but considering cost and what effect long term it would bring was maybe the reason I never went fourth
- With the 3.5 you'd have to change suspension parts because it's a way heavier engine- I just wonder was it bigger cams? Different ECU? What did Toyota do to get that extra 22hp to the Tc? Aside from calling Toyota motor company in Japan idk if I can find some technical journals or deep information to find out what they did.. I'll look into it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts