1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
it's not bad imo. personally i'd like it to be a little more prominent. and cf

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I sort of like the lip. It's not just screaming noticeable, but nice.

I'm trying to find a way to attach the front plate without making holes that can be removed or hidden for shows. There is a retractable plate holder and I've messaged another xB owner that has one to see where he got it. I hate the front plate...BLAH!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ultimately the decision is yours but personally, I don't like it. Not even a little. It doesn't look like it belongs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I personally don't like the whole bodykit stuff that's why I went this direction. I like it simple, mudflaps and splitter. But there's no splitter for our cars.

Hellen:
I know exactly what plates your talking about. Expensive but slick! I just let my stuff hang, it's enough personality for me :]

Parker:
I got these from home depot but today I went to lowes and got a better brand that feel stronger and flare out more.

Again I wanna thank everyone. More inputs are welcome...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks good! I run the Lowes lip on mine.Sorry for the pic size

·
Registered
317 Posts
did you say home depot and lowes?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
That is the garage door bottom weather strip (I think that is the correct term) mod. I've seen it a couple places, but not common enough to not look different still.

I've thought about it myself . . .
I'd prefer this over other more stiff lips, as it will flex rather than crack and is cheap enough to just replace if it gets chewed up.

G

·
0 Posts
I hate that your plate is crooked things like that bug me lol but I love the diy lip on there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tartan is right its a garage door seal! I love how my license plate trips people out. The confused faces and pointing fingers makes me laugh :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
crz_jsph said:
Tartan is right its a garage door seal! I love how my license plate trips people out. The confused faces and pointing fingers makes me laugh :lol:
Hmmmm, seems like a real distraction from the good looks of the xB2....(Read that..."IMO the license plate looks like crap!")
As far as the "lip" goes its not bad...doesn't take away from the xB2...and is a cheap mod if you like it.

Brewski

·
Registered
342 Posts
It would definately look sick carbon fiber. I wonder if you could wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl! How did
you attach it?

·
Registered
739 Posts
crz_jsph said:
I wonder how many of those confused faces belong to the PoPo. Why give them a reason to pull you over???

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I respect everyones opinion of my license plate but the cops can't do S#[email protected] about it. What would be there reason? "Your plate is falling off!" :lmfao: No its not...

If it happens ill update you guys on it. Haven't yet, never will...

Menni: 3M double side tape

·
Registered
342 Posts
oh alright thanks for letting me know. do you think vinyl would look good and stay on that material well enough? i got pulled over for not having my front plate :mad: i hate the way it looks with it!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The material is rubber foam. Ive never used carbon fiber vinyl but if its really sticky it would probably hold on. It would just be hard to put it on the entire thing. The vinyl thing is great idea though...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts