Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I TRIED TO INSTALL MY FUJITA COLD AIR INTAKE TO FIND OUT THAT I NEEDED TO TAKE OFF MY FRONT BUMPER!!! IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY? HAS ANYBODY INSTALLED THEIRS YET?!?! HELP PLEASE1

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I thought I read something about this, but I can't seem to find it...

Taking off the bumper really isn't that bad. I had to do it when I installed my grilles and I'll have to do it again when I paint some stuff under there. When you pop the hood, there are just a few screws and clips on top, a screw & clip in each wheel well, and several screws along the bottom. If you have a couple people, it will be really easy. I did it by myself & getting it back on wasn't even that bad..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, about how long did it take? its just those clips and screws that you mentioned holding it on? nothing behind the bumper holding it?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Here's a link to the PDF instructions from trdsparks.com for the fog lights. It explains how to remove the bumper. It's what I referred to before I started & its pretty straight forward :)

http://trdsparks.com/install/PT857-52080inst.pdf

Some people say they can get it off in 5min. With two people, I believe it. Your first time, obviously, will take longer...

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
My bad... I don't know too much about these sort of things. I'm still learning about all this under-the-hood stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts