Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some ideas. I am getting the new RS (as if I haven't boardcasted that on here enough). I am trying to come up with ideas for customizing the interior. Here is a photo of the inside.

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/detroit/112_2008_detroit_auto_show_p2/photo_152.htm

I love how that looks as it is but want to do more. Especially the shifter boot and knob. It just looks so outta place being all grey surrounded by the gold. I had a custom guage face created for me that works well. Its Iron Man. So its got the gold in it plus some red which works well with the red lighting. So I was wondering if Red would also work in other areas. I was thinking maybe a red shift knob with some gold trim on it. I have this really cheap shift knob, Looks decent enough. Its a red and has fake carbon fiber sides. I think maybe if the sides were painted in matching gold it might look good but I am not totally sure. Of couse its a cheap knob so if I screw it up or it doesn't look right its not a big loss. I need some ideas though. What should I do? How about lighting? Should I go all red lighting or maybe try orange/yellow/gold lighting? I love the new gold color but its making for some difficult custom ideas unless I just keep triming it out in the same gold just more of it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You're getting an RS? haha, jk. The first thing I did was rims and tires. Thats most important of all. Its the biggest look of any car. Is your RS comeing with CAPS or are do you have planes for rims?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I already got plans for the outside of it. First thing I am doing when I get it is remove that bodykit. Gonna save up for some wheels and 5 axis body kit. Gonna concentrate on looks, then performance, then stereo. I am more into the drive itself then the stereo. Although I do have a 10" woofer and amp sitting around that I might make some use of. It just the interior that I am having trouble figuring out what to do. I originaly was thinking of a whole Iron Man theme. I even had eric do a few photoshops but it didn't look so great, plus I kinda decided I don't wanna do a whole theme on something I might get bored of later. I mean I love Iron Man but not sure I want something so specific. Plus it could make it harder to sell later down the road. I want something slick looking but not over the top.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You should add blue fur! haha. Interior wise? Hmmm... I heard of someone at toyota talking about reversing the back seats so that they point to the rear. With a small removable table. Thats original. Lots of work I'm sure

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be awsome though. Used to do that at the drive-in with the jeep. Pobably would be alot of work though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Couple of things you can do to spice up your interior without spending a grip of money. First off for your lighting, get the LED flex strips from oznium.com. They are relatively inexpensive and really makes your interior glow, comes in all kinds of color plus much cheaper than the factory foot well kit. If you have some electronic know-how, you can replace all the dash gauge cluster LEDs with the color of your choice and make sure you get a custom guage face to match. You can get them at customxbgauges.com. Mine is shipping out this morning. You can also get a dash kit, they have them in 21 up to 58 pc kits in any wood or cf you want. You can find that at allscion.com.

Here are some pics

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already got a custom guage face from customxbguages.com. He made me an IRON MAN one. You now, cause its got gold in it. I just haven't ordered it yet because I am waiting till I actually get the xB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts