Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today a buddy of mine burnt a cigarette hole in my passenger seat. I don't normally smoke in my vehicles but we were driving 8 hours round trip so I allowed it this one time and of course he burns a hole in it, its about the size of a pencil eraser... He is offering to buy me a replacement seat. It will run between 150-200 probably. But then I have remove the old one and replace the seat myself and I have no clue on the difficulty of this. I was already planning to get Clazzios. So my question to you guys is should I have my buddy actually buy me another seat or should I just tell him to put that $150 towards a set of leather Clazzios? Need your guys' opinions please! And thanks!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Replacing the front passenger seat will be easy. Disconnect the battery then let the car sit for 10 minutes to deactivate the airbag electronics. Undo the 4 bolts holding the seat in place (rear 2 bolts have plastic covers), disconnect the electrical plugs, and remove the damaged seat. Put in the replacement seat, reconnect the electrical plugs, tighten the bolts, replace the plastic covers. Reconnect the battery. Done.

But if you want Clazzios, now would be good time. I'd get a firm, real price on a replacement seat rather than guesstimate, then decide.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok so all the electronics are built in? That makes it a lot easier but also makes the seat more expensive I'm sure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found one stock seat on eBay. it is 325 shipped. And the clazzios I want are 450 for PVC and 550 for leather.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Check with the dealer or a body shop. Maybe they can get just the bottom cushion instead of an entire seat.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The material for the seat can just be replaced but it is more involved as you would need to take the seat apart and undo the clips and hog rings that hold it on there and then re-install them with the new material. I would just have him put the money toward a set of Clazzios if you were already leaning toward getting some.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.