Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the new NB xb I got about a month ago has about 2k miles on it and paid about 23k cash but I called the dealer today and inquired about the xb rs and he said I could probably trade straight across and get me a gold one so if all this is true I think I’m going to do that. But I’m not going to get my hopes up just yet. According to him the RS is like 19,700 and with the extras my car was like 23,000 so if I can do a straight trade which he said I could that would be awesome! Just thought Id let you all know. :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Cool! Now your name will fit cha! Don't take loss on your xb tho. That RS must not have many addons huh? What do you have on your xB now?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The only add-ons I got were the floor mats and spoiler. Total with tax and tags was $20,500.40 I was gonna get the bumper applique, but I am planning on changing the bumper soon so I figured I would wait.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So good news: I found at least 5 XS's in my area and there are a few "top secrete" ones that just arrived in Portland recently and are at the pier right now waiting to be sent around the west coast.

The bad news: Since my car is only a month old and has about 2k miles there aren’t anyways to price it out since people don’t normally sell there scions a month after they buy them. So I may OR may not get screw on the trade in value. Im not going to pay more then a few hundred though to trade it in, the loss would be to great..close to $3,000 in a month. But if I can do a straight trade across Id still do it. Im going to call my dealer tomorrow she had the day off today and get some more info.

My XB has on it now ; spoiler, trd exashut tip, fog lights, alarm/remote entry, leather wrap steering wheel, "all weather floor mats", canvass cargo liner and then the Pac. NW protection package (undercoating, clear coating ect)

The RS comes with nothing I have on mine but it does have all those nice perks that you cant get on a normal XB (baging, color, interrior color, gold seats, body kit, moon roof ect.). Id add on a spoiler, fog lights if/when I get it from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
My RS has spoiler (love), fog lights (love), floor mats (ok), floor/cupholder illumination (waste!), rear bumper applique (love this!) and nav (nice, not worth 2Gs).

What # RS is at your dealer??? Mine is 37 of 2500.

·
Registered
281 Posts
gldnchld360 said:
So I have the new NB xb I got about a month ago has about 2k miles on it and paid about 23k cash but I called the dealer today and inquired about the xb rs and he said I could probably trade straight across and get me a gold one so if all this is true I think I’m going to do that. But I’m not going to get my hopes up just yet. According to him the RS is like 19,700 and with the extras my car was like 23,000 so if I can do a straight trade which he said I could that would be awesome! Just thought Id let you all know. :D
Color me curious. How much of this decision is based on liking the RS color scheme and how much is based on not liking or maybe just being dissatisfied with the NB. I almost got NB and still think that, sitting in the full sunlight it's hands down the best color. But decided against it because outside of direct sunlight it fades away a little. I'm personally not into the gold but I have to admit it does "pop"!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has nothing to do w/ liking the gold..in fact I kind of hate the color lol. The NB is hands down the best stock color Ive ever seen on a car (besides the baby blue w/. white on a 55 chev. belair) and there is nothing wrong with the NB I have now..so why trade it in you ask...The moonroof, numbering, body styling and gold interior and casue its special lol. :p

·
Registered
281 Posts
gldnchld360 said:
It has nothing to do w/ liking the gold..in fact I kind of hate the color lol. The NB is hands down the best stock color Ive ever seen on a car (besides the baby blue w/. white on a 55 chev. belair) and there is nothing wrong with the NB I have now..so why trade it in you ask...The moonroof, numbering, body styling and gold interior and casue its special lol. :p
That Belair was cool, but I had a 65 baby blue Rambler American that was quite possibly the biggest pile of crap that ever rolled the roads.

I suggest staying with the color you like, and make it special yourself. If you already don't like that gold I can't see it growing on you. Reminds me of a sport coat color you might see on a southern preacher in the 70's. IMO :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah don't buy a RS if you don't like the color. While all those other options are tempting you'll end up hating it down the road when you can no longer stand the color. I personally love it. Even when everyone calles it the mustard mobile. I definatly have no trouble finding it in the parking lot.

Still if your decided to go through with it just a little hint. I have a extra spoiler sitting in my basement. I can sell it to you for way less then your gonna pay the dealer. You can install it yourself or have the dealer install it and still come out ahead.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I just got back from scion and its a no go on the trade across. They will only give me $15,500 trade in value and that’s way way to much of a loss for me. The gold is growing on me, that’s why I didn’t get one in the first place was the gold but its growing on me. Oh well it wont work anyways. But now we all know. I did find out about some cool custom neoprene seat covers for under $400 that the dealer can get me though. I do allot of surfing and outdoorsy stuff so I’m thinking the water resistant seats would help allot that and I have a dog (or id do leather).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah I might make a small add on the autotrader website but then id have to ask 22k (the price to buy a rs with tax) and for that you could go buy a new one at the dealership with no miles. I think it would be to much work. Ill keep my NB and make it one of a kind :).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone know what it would cost to have an XB2 completely painted?

I picked the SW for 3 reasons: 1. I liked the way it shows off the lines of the car 2. I'd like to eventually put some graphics on the side 3. From the front it looks like the storm trooper helmets from Star Wars :lol:

If I could have selected any color I could think of... I think this car would look cool in purple.

·
Registered
25 Posts
eviljack said:
Yeah don't buy a RS if you don't like the color. While all those other options are tempting you'll end up hating it down the road when you can no longer stand the color. I personally love it. Even when everyone calles it the mustard mobile. I definatly have no trouble finding it in the parking lot.

Still if your decided to go through with it just a little hint. I have a extra spoiler sitting in my basement. I can sell it to you for way less then your gonna pay the dealer. You can install it yourself or have the dealer install it and still come out ahead.
Sell it to me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can also get the moon roof installed for about $1500 if that is something you really want.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the Blackberry and I really like the color. Especially after a nice cleaning. If they hadn't had the blackberry then NB was my option. Sorry about the trade in, but making it your own and special will be well worth it.

And I agree with Shancopp, the underdash and cupholder illumination, not so great. I am thinking about changing out all the lights and adding some to the seats and just going with one color on those in mine. I mean the switch is already there so it might be an easy thing to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts