Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's whats sup. im currently doing an all blue led overhaul. everything is done save the gauge and radio leds. now gauges will take no time. but i haven't been able to find a DIY for the radio! i want it blue too. so any diagrams or anything???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ur not the first to say that. but here's the thing

FroZone=Hottest DJ in broome county
Smith-broke *** college student :)

so iim think if for 30 or so i can have it blue. it beats 700 for a avic d-3. ( i heard its the nicest out there right now)

though if u know of any other stereos that are kick ***+some kind of ipod control and blue let me know.

I could give two grapefruits about gps or dvd, though it is nice though

o and yes stock base

·
Registered
35 Posts
My stock radio in the xb has blue lights. Hold down menu button with key on, change color, or did I misunderstand the whole thing/

·
Registered
266 Posts
Frostwolf said:
My stock radio in the xb has blue lights. Hold down menu button with key on, change color, or did I misunderstand the whole thing/
Initial reports for the new xB said you would be able to select the color of the factory radio illumination, but that seems to not be the case. Are you sure you have the BASE radio? There's no menu button on it.

Wikipedia said:
... The SNS 100 system can play DVD movies in addition to GPS functionality and the features of the base system, aside from the backlit color choices.
This is one source that makes me believe the color choices are there somewhere, just not found yet!

However, I did come across a little goody from your post, Frostwolf, which may help some others out. Anyone who has the base stereo, next time you have your car on hold the SSP button for about five seconds and makes sure it says "Car Type xB." if not, use the volume knob to rotate through. This configures the scion sound processing to the speaker locations in the xB. I didn't know this little tidbit of info until I stumbled across it trying to replicate Frostwolf's post. Mine was set to "Car Type tC." It sounds much better now on xB mode! This was probably in that manual i never read...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
My friend at work was actually telling me about this option before I even got my scion. His friend had a TC and it had a button to push to change from xB, xA, tC. I didn't see any buttons other then the SSP and it only changed the sound types that it does. So this is pretty cool info. I am gonna do it when I get in the xB to head to work. Gonna tell him about it too. He said that even in the tC the xB setting was the best setting.

I am also going to sit down and read my manual this weekend as there seems to be a lot of important info in that thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our paper work shows it is the standard radio, and all four scions have the same one. But now I found on scions website its an accesory radio. I know the boss wouldn't have bought a higher radio on pupose ;)

Anyways, I think I'd rather have yours, My big thumb can't work that inset know on this one.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Frostwolf said:
Our paper work shows it is the standard radio, and all four scions have the same one. But now I found on scions website its an accesory radio. I know the boss wouldn't have bought a higher radio on pupose ;)

Anyways, I think I'd rather have yours, My big thumb can't work that inset know on this one.
Hey if you really don't want the radio I would gladly trade you hehe.

Oh and by the way I checked and my radio was already set to xB

·
Registered
635 Posts
To change the type of vehicle choice on the premium stereo you need to have the stereo in the off position and then hit the menu button and select the vehicle type option and change it. And as far as I know the color change is only with the premium stereo not the base stereo.

If this is knowledge everyone already had, sorry for repeating it.......lol :lol:

Oh and to respond to the original post I have seen blue LEDs that outline the edges of the stereo. If I find the link I will post it. I think I have it somewhere in my favorites.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have seen the DIY for the stock led change, let me try to find it and Ill post it back here (0nce I have permission to copy and paste, which I bet they will let me do)

God bless
John

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't seen any DIY to change stock stereo, but I did just go out to my car and check out what the stereo was set to...and mine was set to TC too....Man it sounds MUCH nicer now!

·
Registered
180 Posts
callmemrbill said:
To change the type of vehicle choice on the premium stereo you need to have the stereo in the off position and then hit the menu button and select the vehicle type option and change it. And as far as I know the color change is only with the premium stereo not the base stereo.

If this is knowledge everyone already had, sorry for repeating it.......lol :lol:

Oh and to respond to the original post I have seen blue LEDs that outline the edges of the stereo. If I find the link I will post it. I think I have it somewhere in my favorites.
You can also change the vehicle type when the unit is playing by pressing and holding the SSP button until the change menu pops up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts