Scion XB Forum banner

If solved this could be the illest DIY ever.

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MidlifeCrisis 
Frostwolf said:
My stock radio in the xb has blue lights. Hold down menu button with key on, change color, or did I misunderstand the whole thing/
Initial reports for the new xB said you would be able to select the color of the factory radio illumination, but that seems to not be the case. Are you sure you have the BASE radio? There's no menu button on it.

Wikipedia said:
... The SNS 100 system can play DVD movies in addition to GPS functionality and the features of the base system, aside from the backlit color choices.
This is one source that makes me believe the color choices are there somewhere, just not found yet!

However, I did come across a little goody from your post, Frostwolf, which may help some others out. Anyone who has the base stereo, next time you have your car on hold the SSP button for about five seconds and makes sure it says "Car Type xB." if not, use the volume knob to rotate through. This configures the scion sound processing to the speaker locations in the xB. I didn't know this little tidbit of info until I stumbled across it trying to replicate Frostwolf's post. Mine was set to "Car Type tC." It sounds much better now on xB mode! This was probably in that manual i never read...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.