Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding a trio of VDO gauges to the front dash: Coolant Temperature, Oil Pressure, and Voltmeter. All these gauges will be electric.

I anticipate I will need a source of power that is turned on when the car is running. In other words, power switched on/off by the ignition.

Where is a good place to tap this power? I'm aware of the Add-A-Circuit thingie but I don't want to add to the driver's shin fusebox because then I can't use the stock fuse cover.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to tapping off the circuits behind the instrument panel, the steering column, or in the engine compartment, however I don't want to tear apart more than I have to.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind...found it on this forum by searching for "ignition" and looking at TRD Sparks instructions for the EC Rearview Mirror.

The answer is: find the 10-pin connector for the outside mirror control. Tap off the gray wire in pin #8 (+12 volt ignition).

These instructions are for a 2010 xB but I assume this will also work for my 2011 xB. I will test and make sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.