Headed to Indy to get my xB! :yes:

I'll be back in black (or gold)!

Will have pix!

So excited, so excited, so excited!!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I was actually hoping against hope I would get #13. My fiance though said it would be freakin nuts if I got 666. The number 1715 keeps runing through my head for some reason. Eh it will be good either way. I hope I get my spoiler. My dealer put in for it so I hope I am one of the 500. I knew they would be limited but not that limited. Worst case I will get a regular on and have it painted but that will cost a fortune. I am glad you got yours but where the heck is mine??

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
eviljack said:
but where the heck is mine??
Didn't you hear, Jack? There was a big wreck on 81 a few days ago, and one of the vehicles was a car carrier.. that had new Scion xBs on it, and they were all gold in color!!!

not :naughty:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DH said we absolutley would not get it if it was #666. I told, heck, think of the $$ we could get from it from some young kid! (sorry, I'm old!) I was told that the first several probably went to execs, etc. I thought #2008 would have been cool, obviously. Or any even #, (1000, 1500, etc). But I'll gladly take #37. DH googled #37 to find some info to try to come up with a name for her.

Did you know there are 37 holes in the mouth peice of regular phone?????? :yes: :p

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I guess you could call her "Ma" for Ma Bell :p

...sorry, I've never actually named a car...

I assume you found the wikipedia page for #37...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_(number)

The atomic number of rubidium.
Ruby?

Don't tell your DH:
The number 666 (number) divided by its digits added together [37=666/(6+6+6)]
Here's a "37" factoids page, which seems to be blocked by our office's firewall:
http://thirty-seven.org/index.html

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric said:
I guess you could call her "Ma" for Ma Bell :p

...sorry, I've never actually named a car...

I assume you found the wikipedia page for #37...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_(number)

The atomic number of rubidium.
Ruby?

Don't tell your DH:
The number 666 (number) divided by its digits added together [37=666/(6+6+6)]
Here's a "37" factoids page, which seems to be blocked by our office's firewall:
http://thirty-seven.org/index.html
DH came across that rubidium and suggested Ruby....nah. I thought of Goldie...too obvious.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Here is a name I thought of. You can steal it if you like. El Dorado. Also quick question. I have on reserve a manual transmission. Now the photos show on scion.com show a manual. Yours is an automatic and so is the one on ebay. The other RS that your dealer got, was it a manual? My dealer told me they will probably get one of each. One manual and one auto. I reserved the manual. Do you think there is a chance my dealer could only get the auto's and no manual? Cause if that happens this is going to be the major suxxors.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gosh, I don't know. The first day we were there, looking at xbs (not the RS), he mentioned the RS would be coming in and if we were going to put a down payment down, we might as well say it was for the RS so I would get first say on it, either way. I said sure as long as it was an auto. He checked and said no, the first one they were getting was a manual. I said, oh well, nevermind. Then he comes back later and says he was wrong and the first one is an auto. I really wasn't into the RS and even commented to DH that he was pushing the RS. Gee, I'm glad he did now. He wasn't sure they'd get more than one and they are the largest Toyota/Scion dealer in IN. He said most dealers will get one, and if you $$ holding orders, you may get a second and he even said they have requested 5 more but doubts highly they will get them all. THey have $$ down on for all of them.
Your dealer should know what he is getting....mine did. I'd ask. Then ask what the odds of getting a second one if the automatic comes in first. If you can't get manual, are you going white?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
My dealer said they should be getting 2. One Manual and one Auto. I put the reserve in for the Manual and they put the order in, so if they are making ones it money down the priority then if they only get one hopefully its a manual. Yeah if its an automatic I am skipping. Not gonna pay extra for something I won't like.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Back on the topic of naming your ride. Did you ever come up with a name for your RS yet?

My fiance told me we should name mine Gold Member :rofl:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Goldmember........that's a good one! :rofl:

Nope, no name. We just call her "the scion" How boring is that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts