Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted, I was hit by . . . something . . . on the interstate and am in need of a new windshield.
Well, . . .
The guy came to install the new one today and informed me that the corners of the windshields of the 08 and 09 are actually a bit different. The corners (all 4) are different. On the 09, the upper ones are corners and the bottom ones have a curved "notch" in it. Also, the molding is different (not something I would have EVER noticed).

So, we now know of SOMETHING different between 08s and 09s.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have NO IDEA of why the change or of any advantage//disadvantage, or if it was done for the manufacturing line itself (equal, just different).

· Registered
5 Posts
eviljack said:
There was actually an issue on early 08's with the windsheild cracking and there was a Recall that required modding the a-pillars. They probalby found it changing the windsheild helped matters.
Recall? I purchased my 08 in May of 07. I didn't get any notification of a recall. Do you know of a link or more info on this?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eviljack said:
There was actually an issue on early 08's with the windsheild cracking and there was a Recall that required modding the a-pillars. They probalby found it changing the windsheild helped matters.
That would explain it, as well as the squared off top edges. Thanks.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
pman said:
eviljack said:
Recall? I purchased my 08 in May of 07. I didn't get any notification of a recall. Do you know of a link or more info on this?
I don't know the link on here as I didn't have the issue. Maybe someone else remembers where it its

· Registered
1,207 Posts
pman said:
eviljack said:

just ask your dealer if your VIN was in the range of xB's recalled. they should have either a TSW or the recall info available...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.