Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the rack installed. Figured I would share my pictures in case anyone else was debating getting this one. I like the way it looks, and it seems really solid. First impressions are that it's a good bang for the buck. $250 shipped, with fairing and all.

(sorry for quality of the pics. It's a blackberry, replacing it this week)

· Registered
66 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Not universal same as yakima with different clips for different models. You can mount them a little further than they recommend. I personally love this rack way more than the yakima ones I had it is much easier to install and doesn't require any tools very well engineered!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
21 Posts
Looks good, I've been looking at that rack and may want it now!!

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I moved them a little further apart than recommended to fit my Roof basket on. They are easy to install and take off (I do it to run through the car wash). Takes about 10 minutes or so to put on and off. The only issue I have had is the wind fairing got beat up on a trip to NY and back. The fairing is fine but the screws came loose and I lost a bit of the mounting hardware. So I need to find a way to get new hardware. It happened because I had a roof bag up there and it pushed the wind behind the fairing for about 1k miles. I would tighten it every couple hundred miles but the last time stuff was lost.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That should work fine. The way they attach is adjustable so you can move it a bit apart. I will try and slide mine around later today and see how far apart I can make them without compromising integrity

· Registered
68 Posts
I bought this about a month ago and love it. I am heading out to Ocean City Maryland in August and also have a bag I am using. What would you have done differently to keep from losing hardware? Any suggestions?

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought this about a month ago and love it. I am heading out to Ocean City Maryland in August and also have a bag I am using. What would you have done differently to keep from losing hardware? Any suggestions?
Just take the fairing off when the bag is on. It doesnt really help when you have the bag on, it is louder, and the win gets caught. Once we took the fairing the rest of the way off it was quiet as can be.

· Registered
68 Posts
Good call! Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.