Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of HIDs in the mail the other day, and while looking for a place to mount the ballasts, I noticed the inside of the fender on each side has a large flat surface. I would like to mount them there with industrial velcro. Would there be any reasons this would be a bad idea? Would I need to worry about the heat effecting the paint, or rust or anything? Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
splash guards.

also, make sure to clean the fender where that velcro is going really well with alcohol wipes to make sure it sticks.
I don't think I am going to have to remove anything to mount them inside the fender. I can see and reach it easily from the engine bay. I will try to get some pictures today. The place on the fender I am thinking is directly behind the side turn signal in the headlamps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put mine on the that little post behind the head lights, i put some industrial double sided tape on the ballast, stuck it to it, and put 2 large clear zip ties around it to hold it in place, hardly visible and been there for 3yrs now.

i can post a pic later if you want to see where i am talking about.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I put mine on the that little post behind the head lights, i put some industrial double sided tape on the ballast, stuck it to it, and put 2 large clear zip ties around it to hold it in place, hardly visible and been there for 3yrs now.

i can post a pic later if you want to see where i am talking about.
I'd like to see the pic if you can post it.

Thx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like that placement. I mounted mine where I originally planned, but I think I am going to move them. I don't like the idea of the screws rattling a bit against the body panel. Thanks for the pictures!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.