Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Scion xB. I am installing a new Pioneer AVH-4200NEX receiver. Should be easy to just install that, however...

It comes with a microphone with a 13' cable. Any suggestions on how to run that up to the driver's sun visor? They suggest that or the steering column. Not sure how many panels I am going to have to remove.

Thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You should be able to do it with only dropping the knee bolster panel under the steering column. Mount your mic however you want up at the visor, pull the weather stripping from the front of the door and tuck the wire in between the plastic a-pillar panel and the a-pillar until you get down to the dash. From there you can run it inside the dash over to the right side of the steering column and you should be able to see from there up to the radio opening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to let you know that I installed the radio and everything looks great. I put the USB cable in the glove box. I put the microphone on the steering column as it was really easy to get there. The hardest part was getting the double sided tape to stick to the plastic. :)

Removing the knee panel was easier than I thought.

Now to figure out how to work everything on the radio. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.