Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received 3rd amended bill 38% increase on xb over the turbo subie i sold. Now I fully expected. a increase based on the difference in replacement cost $13, 000 vs. 18,000. Wait a minute just did the math now seems more correct by this math. If i look at the break down even liability is higher. There for this xb must have a higher multiplier!

I am older 50something,excellent driving record, no violations almost 40yrs. Or claims
I am being held hostage by this company do to the wood stoves in my house.

Ok I'm done

Cheers

·
Registered
782 Posts
My cost for liability only (no comprehensive or collision) is higher for my 2008 xB than my 1990 turbo Eclipse GSX. The only explanation I can come up with is the relatively high violation stats for the xB1 are skewing the numbers. No model name change means we inherit their stats.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hopefully, there's a special place in h*ll for insurance companies and bankers!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Insurance rates are based on losses incurred for that type of vehicle being insured. A vehicle with a high theft record or higher crash history will command more to insure than other vehicles with fewer incidents.

If your vehicle is garaged or has to sit on the street will affect the rates. The list goes on and on........

Progressive Insurance has a device that plugs into your OBDII and tracks how you drive, fast stops, fast starts, how far you drive and will give you a discount if the data shows information different than what they used when you called to start the policy.

Sounds too much like "Big Brother" for me!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Progressive Insurance has a device that plugs into your OBDII and tracks how you drive, fast stops, fast starts, how far you drive and will give you a discount if the data shows information different than what they used when you called to start the policy.

Sounds too much like "Big Brother" for me!!
The "Snapshot" device is purely voluntary -- if you want it, you have to request it. If I remember correctly, it goes on the car for six months and is then returned.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
By doing this, they are basically telling you to go somewhere else.

AIG until it was bought by 21st Century. We had great rates on our 2 cars until my son got his license and we bought a cheap car for him to drive. They wanted to increase our premiums by $1900 over 6 months. We shopped around and got a much better deal. Ended up at Travelers.

·
Registered
782 Posts
By doing this, they are basically telling you to go somewhere else.

AIG until it was bought by 21st Century. We had great rates on our 2 cars until my son got his license and we bought a cheap car for him to drive. They wanted to increase our premiums by $1900 over 6 months. We shopped around and got a much better deal. Ended up at Travelers.
Whatever you say Bob -- I just don't happen to agree with you. All they're doing is providing an opportunity to demonstrate how conservative a driver you actually are and enjoy the rate benefit that can bring. If you don't warrant it, you won't get it -- and probably won't even give it a whirl because you likely already know better :)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.