Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my new interior dome light today. I got a 16 LED dome light in UV blacklight from oznium.com, we went to the store when it was somewhat dark out and it looked good then. So I am going to take the xB to a place where it is really dark and take some pics of what it looks like.

It was fairly easy to install, and it came with a number of adapters. From what I got tonight I think it is going to be awesome. The pics will be coming in the next couple of days.

· Registered
528 Posts
I'll have to check that out next time I see you!!!

I've been wanting to place an order with those guys for the past couple of weeks. I was hoping that the 25LED module would fit.

But I'm going cool white! :p And probably doing my gauges, too. Then I'll need new needles... Gah.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I went with the 16 LED cause the 25 was just a little to snug for me. But it is nice, I am happy as heck. They have quick shipping too. I ordered it online Thursday night and had it in the mail on Monday, that was fast. And plenty of adapters also. It was a little spendy but I think worth it. It was close to $26.00 after shipping for the light and a bunch of adapters. But again it was worth it. The June 21st meet will be a good one to see it since it will be dark on the cruise back from Park City.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok there wont be any pics forthcoming at this point and here is why. A few days after I got the light I just put it in to see what it would look like.

It looked great so I was happy and told myself ok this Friday you can tuck the wires up in a little cleaner and then use the sticky backing to keep it in place. Sounds like a plan right?

So I tucked the wires up and peeled back the sticky backing and stuck it up there. Put the cover back on and turned it on and NOTHING, no light at all. So I took the cover off the dome light and proceeded to peel the light off and there is where the problem came in. That sticky backing is really sticky. As soon as pulled the light off, not only did it come unstuck for the inside of the dome light. The wires from the connector and the LED plate itself came off. So now the light doesn't work at all.

So I got a call into Oznuim to see what they will do for me. I know it wasn't faulty mfg of the light. It was a combo of a few things. One the dome light space in the xB is not very big at all. If you have taken off your dome light cover you know that. That along with my gorilla hands doesn't help working in small spaces. So I am going to see what they can do for me if anything. I am at there mercy, I hope they see a way to replace the light for me. If not I understand, but I am hoping.

So there is the long story on why I wont be posting pics. If they do replace it for me I am going to put it in and leave it alone. Ok so thats it for me. I am going to go and vegetate on the couch.

· Registered
528 Posts
Well, if you come to the meet tomorrow, bring it along. Eric can probably fix it. I'm sure I could, but I'd end up borrowing Eric's soldering iron, solder, wick, etc... :rofl:

I'm sure if we just get the 3M stuff off the back of it and solder the wires back into the board, you should be right as rain. ;)

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I was pretty bummed when it happened. I so wanted to get some pics of it and see it in a really dark place and see how bright it was. It showed up pretty good in the daytime. I guess if I wouldn't have been so worried about having it laying on my dome cover this wouldn't have happened. I just didn't want it to get so hot it did damage to the.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pictures will be coming soon. I have been having some issues with the UV Blacklight LED. So I might just need to change the direction of the lighting in my car. Sorry for the delay in the pictures, they will be coming shortly once I get this all done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.