Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new to the 08' version and seen alot of pics of the gage color turning to blue
anyone know about this????? ???

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just had this done but one thing you need to do is to get the actual plastic part of the gauge changed too. The part that is black and red because if you change the color without doing this, the rpm, gas, and temp part stays red mixed with whatever color you chose. In my case it was blue, so that part turned a dim greenish color, but once I changed out the gauge part then everything is a solid blue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so...how do you change the plastic part??

sorry for the noob questions :tomato:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Order a custom one from customxbgauges.com, make sure you let Jason know that Big Phil from ScionScene sent ya.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ScionScene said:
I just had this done but one thing you need to do is to get the actual plastic part of the gauge changed too. The part that is black and red because if you change the color without doing this, the rpm, gas, and temp part stays red mixed with whatever color you chose. In my case it was blue, so that part turned a dim greenish color, but once I changed out the gauge part then everything is a solid blue.
ScionScene.. let's see a picture of your finished gauge....?? jh

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks great! I like how you did both blue and white. On mine, its too blue so that at night I can barely see the gauges at all or the indicators. Did you do you HVAC controls too? Mine are back lit in blue but I cant see the indicators at all as to how hot or cold it is, or if defrost is on... the indicators completely disappeared. Need to figure out how to fix that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ScionScene said:
Looks great! I like how you did both blue and white. On mine, its too blue so that at night I can barely see the gauges at all or the indicators. Did you do you HVAC controls too? Mine are back lit in blue but I cant see the indicators at all as to how hot or cold it is, or if defrost is on... the indicators completely disappeared. Need to figure out how to fix that.
Yes I did my Climate Controls heres a pic sorry its a little blurry

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thats nice, mine are like that except the indicators dont light up as bright. You just changed one bulb behind each control right? As I remember it, there is only one bulb behind each. Dont know why mine are so dull haha

·
Registered
186 Posts
DAMN!

I WANT THEM! I WANT THEM! I WANT THEM!
The moment I picked up my xB, I was thinking... damn, why did they have to use amber?
I had a G35 and that was amber and ugly. The following year after I got my G coupe, they changed it.
Acura uses blue lights...

Any step-by-step how-to's with pictures?
Or does anybody know that will do this for a reasonable cost in Southern California (preferably Inland Empire)?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
wangster said:
DAMN!

I WANT THEM! I WANT THEM! I WANT THEM!
The moment I picked up my xB, I was thinking... damn, why did they have to use amber?
I had a G35 and that was amber and ugly. The following year after I got my G coupe, they changed it.
Acura uses blue lights...

Any step-by-step how-to's with pictures?
Or does anybody know that will do this for a reasonable cost in Southern California (preferably Inland Empire)?
did you see these wangster

http://newscionxb.com/audio_electronics/my_new_gauges_still_in_prototype_phase-t27.0.html

that guy has some nice stuff!

the cover around the gauges pulls off by hand - i saw someone do it and it just pops right off

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lucky you. I showed the image to my girlfriend and she was like... "you bought this car to save some money. why do you want to spend on it?" She knows me too well. Once I start with something, I can't stop... But I'm still in the process of convincing her on the guage and temperature control color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eric said:
Welcome to the site! :)

People have taken the gauges off and soldered in new LEDs replacing the amber ones...
Hi guys. For the Guages how many leds do i need to purchase and solder on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
528 Posts
PYRUS said:
Eric said:
Welcome to the site! :)

People have taken the gauges off and soldered in new LEDs replacing the amber ones...
Hi guys. For the Guages how many leds do i need to purchase and solder on?

Thanks!
If you just want to do the faces, I think it's around 17. I'd get a few extra cause they're itty bitty. Just in case, ya know.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts