Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do led interior lights but not sure what exact bulbs to buy.

Interior light - 28mm - 8W - Double end (Festoon) bulbs (30mm can fit)
Personal light - 194 - 8W - Wedge base bulbs
Luggage compartment light - 28mm - 5W - Double end (Festoon) bulbs (30mm can fit)

i found this list in another thread but not sure how to order these. does anyone have a writeup or parts list to actually order from a site like superbrightleds or maybe a different site?

thanks in advance

· Registered
200 Posts
i got mine off of streetglow.com. they wernt hard to put in at all. i fed them off of my amp tho. it made it really easy.

· Registered
7 Posts
Thanks evilcalivin, you share useful link. HID kit is also to good for lighting in internal or external.. if you have some different types of headlights or internal lights you get that surly.. HID kit is really good...

· Registered
647 Posts
V-LEDs.com lights are very bright. Thats what I use!

· Registered
846 Posts
After reading about how weak the interior lighting is, I ordered the Oznium dome LED light (5"x1.5") and installed it yesterday. I took the OEM bulb and matched it to one of the many sizes supplied.The leads were too long,so I trimmed them by ~4" and saved the connectors for a later project. I took a meter and checked out which contact was positive and marked it. Installed the new light-WHAT a difference! Now the whole interior is lit up and the price for the LED array was worth it. Later, I'll be thinking about adding more light to the cargo area but that will require me to pull some panels to run the wires.

· Registered
846 Posts
Because the temp. outside was so nice today (70 deg.),I got a LED dome light already assembled (24 ea.). I followed advise given by members on pulling panels to get access to the cargo area head liner. Made some measurements, cut a hole for the wires, and attached them to the existing cargo light switch.Put everything back together and checked it out at dusk. Now I have lots of light in the whole interior, front and back.
After reading about how weak the interior lighting is, I ordered the Oznium dome LED light (5"x1.5") and installed it yesterday. I took the OEM bulb and matched it to one of the many sizes supplied.The leads were too long,so I trimmed them by ~4" and saved the connectors for a later project. I took a meter and checked out which contact was positive and marked it. Installed the new light-WHAT a difference! Now the whole interior is lit up and the price for the LED array was worth it. Later, I'll be thinking about adding more light to the cargo area but that will require me to pull some panels to run the wires.

· Registered
782 Posts
Looks like there's a pile of possibilities for this :). I used two six SMD power LED panels for my dome light, one LED failed after about a year, but the rest are still going strong (soldered their connections in parallel to the festoon adapter -- Ebay seller "B2cforce"; dinodirect.com). Used a 12 LED wedge for the two map lights and a six SMD power LED Festoon in the cargo (superbrightleds.com).

· Registered
846 Posts
I did forget to mention the maker of the dome light that I used in the cargo area. It's by Peterson model V366. It is 5 1/2"x 3" and is close to the front OEM dome in it's size. Their web site is "pmlights" and they have a lot of different styles and sizes.
Check them out. The only problem I have is that when I got the front dome,I got the warm white. The cargo light is cool white,but I guess I'll put up with the miss match for now. Just getting a lot more light will due for now.

· Registered
782 Posts
I did forget to mention the maker of the dome light that I used in the cargo area. It's by Peterson model V366. It is 5 1/2"x 3" and is close to the front OEM dome in it's size. Their web site is "pmlights" and they have a lot of different styles and sizes.
Check them out. The only problem I have is that when I got the front dome,I got the warm white. The cargo light is cool white,but I guess I'll put up with the miss match for now. Just getting a lot more light will due for now.
My preference is a natural white relatively near 5000K, but next best is warm in terms of ability to actually see (depth perception). 6000K and above works much less well for our real world organic eyeballs -- even though many consider them more "cool"!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.