Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a template of the interior surface ('08 xB) when the rear seats are down, extending from the back of the front seats all the way to the back of the car. We need to make a foam pad for our dogs that goes wall to wall without leaving spaces for them to catch limbs in. Where can I find this? I know we can make one ourselves, but it seems like such a thing should already exist.

We're first-time xB owners, as of two days ago.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I think that's going to be tough to find. You're probably better off making your own anyhow so you get the fit that you want...then you can go on eBay and sell it!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I have something I made for a cargo floor. It isn't as precise as you want, though.

How best to do it:
1) Get LARGE paper.
2) Trace the edge by pushing the paper into the corner and them marking with pencil, pen, or sharpie.
3) Make a template from cardboard (something that can be cut easy)
4) Test fit, Mark where it need to me made more accurate.
5) Make another more accurate template
Repeat above 4-5 till accuracy you want, may take several tries.

Oh, and the left and right DO NOT MATCH! The shapes around the plastic parts are different.
Also, the full width between the door plastic is MORE than 4' (more like 52 or so inches- there is a decent gap between my 4'x5' board and the door, but not bad enough to worry about for my purposes.

The approx. size is 4'x5'. As noted above, the extreme in the front between the back doors and in the back over the floor cubbies is more than 48"/4'. The length is about 5', if I want TIGHT on the front seats, mine is 5'2" max. My newer, more accurate, one is a hair over 5' to allow a bit of space for seat adjustment. Oh, and 5'2" means the center console door hits the lip when opening it more than a little bit. One option is making a small "notch" to allow it to open for full use.

When it warms up, and I wash my car again, I'll take pictures of my cargo-board.
Come spring, I'll make a third that is even more accurate for the left/driver side (the right/passenger side is about perfect).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.