Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if any one has experienced this. I have an 08 Xb that has 60,000 mi. In the midst of this past brutal winter( 3000 mi. ago) I had to leave the car outside over night after driving 35mi. on a slushy frozen expressway. The next morn. the car would not move I suspect the brakes were froze, can't remember if I had the emergency on, all though I use it most times I park the car, any way,I put the tran in drive , gave it some gas and they popped and I was on my way. After driving a few moments I noticed the Trac control , ABS, brake, stab control lights were on. I drove home and next morn took the car to the dealer.they replaced the rear hubs, wheel sensors, wires. while waiting a month for the parts I had all brake pads replaced and rotors turned.
Now just before the car comes to a stop I hear a clack, best way I can describe it. It is intermittent I dont feel anything in the brake pedal, don,t know if its a solonoid in the tran or what, Anyone have any ideas.....

· Registered
661 Posts
Had similar issue with my rs8. Turns out it was undersized brake pads. They were loose/had slop in the caliper.

Double check your lug nuts.

double check caliper bolts.

grab a drive shaft and give a wigglin.

Maybe even check motor mounts. Could be from downshifting if theyre cracked.

That should hopefully rule everything out. Trans would be a bad thing.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Slorocket. I suspect the brakes also, but when I went back to the place they were done I couldn't get it to make the noise but I'll keep trying. I see I see your in Chi's western burbs , me too.

· Registered
661 Posts
Yeh I did same thing. Went to stealer twice. A good mech came out and we messed with it a lil. As soon as I descibed it to him he knew what it was. Apparently common.

Im in Yorkville by the water park.

· Registered
846 Posts
If the dealer performed the work, they should, at least, try to explain the noise and maybe even check the installation of the new parts. I hope everything turns out for you.

· Registered
661 Posts
I aint that young either... its great that the b has such a wide range of followers. All with our own take on it. I think it be be good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.