Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - I will be the first to admit that I am spoiled by my other cars, but some of the things that I've come to appreciate seem like a necessity in a car like this. One of them is the rear intermittent wiper. Anyone know a way to add this functionality without rebuilding the whole thing?

Michael

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What your looking at is the electronics without a box to cover the guts. The black thing sticking up is the control. You drill a hole and stick the shaft thru and put the nuts that you see on to hold it to the inside of the dash with the long black post sticking out. Then you put your choice of a knob on the end of the post. You can cut the post off if its too long. To put it quite simply you have a volume control for your wipers to pause between each wipe. The brains of the unit are in the dash with all of the wires connected to the white terminal strip and all you see is the knob that you supply on the end of the black shaft. IF your interested you need to find a guy who knows how to read a schematic and he can figure out how to wire it up for you. Its not something most people could do quick and easy since its basic electronics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.