Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Haven't been on in a few days - storm knocked out our power Saturday just got it back last night.

Anyway... I'm going to call a local boneyard for a wiper stalk to do the variable delay wiper mod. From what I've read at various sites the rear won't be intermittent - just on/off like it is now. Apparently there is a relay of some sort that needs to be installed between the switch and the rear wiper motor.

Does anyone know where it is (what it looks like) on a Highlander/RAV4/Prius? Also if I take it off one of those cars will it easily plug into the Xb (and will it work) to give me an intermittent rear wiper?

I want to know before I call so I can ask for both parts before making the hour drive over there. That's assuming they have what I need at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i also did the install and i rear was not intermittent. i would love it to be so i hope someone can answer the question. i found a guy on cl that would ship the stalk. i think it was $50 shipped it sounded like he had more. pm me if you want his email.

·
Registered
166 Posts
from what i have read the front is only changed and the rear stay the same. i thought the only thing needed was the new stock from a prius. it should plug n play. theres a good thread on SL some where.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've read the SL thread. The stalk seems to just be plug and play. Apparently the switch from the prius, rav5, highlander, and a few lexus models will all work (same part #). The front wipers will be variable delay.

The switch has different speeds for the rear wiper, but they don't work - it's only on/off. I read somewhere that it doesn't do different speeds on the rear wiper because the Xb doesn't have the necessary relay. If that is the case, I thought maybe the relay from the same car as the switch might work.

I don't know enough about electronics to know for sure if it would work or where to look for it on the car. I was hoping someone here might be more informed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.