Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called apple about this product I found on their site.... It says scion on the compatible... anyone want to weigh in on this? the reviews that are listed don't show anyone that said they had a scion. I am really wanting to use my iphone 3g thru this plug and hopefully be able to charge it too... :D
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4NA&mco=MjIwMTg2NQ#overview

Megan

IT WORKS!!!! just plug in to iphone 3g and then plug the ipod cord into adapter and say no to the airplane mode. I can make and receive calls via my bluetooth garmin while its plugged in (music does stop playing on radio, when playing music off of phone while receiving a call) and it charges the phone. ***doing a happy dance*** It made me and my husband laugh when I unplugged the phone and it said "bye bye iPod" on the radio :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: iPhone 3g Adapter?! for iPod plug in 2009 xB?!

I don't have an iPhone but if Apple says so, then I wouldn't hesitate.
And they are returnable if they don't work, right?

Since I don't have an iPhone, I don't know if you can play your mp3s through the new iPhone 3G but if you can, and only thing you are concerned about is the charging, then I would definitely think about it.
I've been told that in order to get the best out of your rechargeable batteries, you should do a full charge only when your battery is low and if you charge it for short time (like driving to the grocery store) when you don't even have to, it will hurt the performance of your battery.

I don't know if the original iPod just used inferior batteries but I had it in my car (with the cigarette charger connected at all times) and it would charge everytime I got in the car, my battery couldn't even last 6 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I more or less use the charger for long trips and would love to be able to use this cord so i can keep my GPS powered also, instead of switching back and fourth, like I did when I got stuck in chicago during the last icky winter blast. I don't like the idea of a splitter for the one plug in the xb. Afraid that I would blow it or something by mistake with a splitter. This way just sounds like a better option if it would work.
Megan

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I don't know what that thing is... ??? I have the standard stereo with the ipod plug in the center console. Nothing crazy fancy here, I just want my phone to play music thru the stereo and charge and not keep phone in airplane mode.

·
Registered
112 Posts
nuttmeg said:
IT WORKS!!!! just plug in to iphone 3g and then plug the ipod cord into adapter and say no to the airplane mode. I can make and receive calls via my bluetooth garmin while its plugged in (music does stop playing on radio, when playing music off of phone while receiving a call) and it charges the phone. ***doing a happy dance*** It made me and my husband laugh when I unplugged the phone and it said "bye bye iPod" on the radio :D
This is with the stock iPod cable right? What head unit do you have?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The controls work on ANY iPod.
The only issue is with recharging the newest generation, as they don't charge through the cable in the same way as the previous generations.
It will work on the new ones, they just won't charge.

My question on the box listed in Sparks is whether that is a direct replacement (the same part, unchanged) for what is stock, an upgrade (to allow the new gen iPods/iPhones to charge), or something else (like allowing the controls to work with an aftermarket radio).

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the stock radio (its the one that comes standard) and that strange iPod plug in the center console. The adapter is for that cord so the iPhone 3g will charge from that plug (and you don't have to put it in airplane mode! Can receive calls if need be while its playing, music stops tho.
Megan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.