Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got a new H/U (Sony XAV 622) and the now the stock USB iPod interface does not work..the USB port on the H/U is on the front..my question is, has anyone tried using or bought a car mount for the iphone 4/ipod? I been looking on Ebay and the only ones that will fit use double sided tape..which looks nasty imo..i know putting it on the dash would be ok..but I would like to be able to see who is calling..anyways..I'm rambling..any help??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pricey yes, quality? Definitely. I've been using proclip for years and for several cars (Nissan Frontier, G35, xb1 & xb2). I don't care for the xb2 mount that clips on the radio plastic shroud, I prefer the one that sits to the left of the gear shifter. I have the 4s mount that allows a pass through cable. So I can choose to use my crappy AVIC-D3 ipod cable (that doesn't charge my phone) or pop it off and use a ciggy lighter USB power cable.

I'll see if I can dig up a photo or two...

·
Registered
167 Posts
All the ones I've had snap into place pretty securely. If you smack it or bump it hard enough, (or get rear ended by some *******), they will pop off. But otherwise, in my experience, they are worth the money.

They come from the factory with double sided sticky tape you can use, but I've never used the tape. I like to pop my mounts whenever I take the vehicle in for service or to get detailed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.