Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when in the mode where you control your ipod from the head unit, how fo you do more than just move from song to song? How do I move around the menu in my ipod? Can I go from artists, to songs to playlists or do i need to use the direct ipod mode for that?

·
Registered
613 Posts
woowhoo said:
i only have one knob on my stereo and its on the left....?!?!? :dontgetit:
you must have the premium HU...Its a PIONEER radio, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the premium Pioneer stereo. I thnk I figured it out...on the left side there is a TEXT button which will switch the info between album and song name, artist and song name or just the song name. Then depending on which one you've set it on, you use your arrows to move through the menu. I will confirm this function tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new owner of an '09 and have several questions about the iPod control setup.
1. I called Scion and asked why I couldn't play podcasts thru the radio controls. They said it couldn't be done; their system wasn't set up for podcasts. After asking for someone else to help me, the guy finally said, well maybe it'll work if you set them all up in playlists. Does anyone know of a different way to play them?

2. I cannot seem to maneuver the "push button" on the radio controls to try to move from playlist to playlist. Does anyone know the trick to pushing it in (besides wanting to get a hammer) or another way to go from playlist to playlist?

3. Has anyone's iPod frozen after playing it thru the Scion sound system? I've had this happen several times. Not sure if it's the way I turned the iPod off (in middle of a song or podcast, maybe?). Seems to be no rhyme or reason. One time I was so frustrated with the controls that I plugged my iPod into the auxiliary and listened to it that way for the rest of the trip. And it froze up halfway thru the ride. Have had the iPod for a year or so now, and never had any problems til I bought the Scion.

Love the car and how it rides, and the iPod when it works, but a bit frustrating for this ole woman....

Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just want it to play a playlist only because not all my songs are kid appropriate. But instead it plays all the songs on the iPod. So i've set it to Direct Control and use the IPod to control everything. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Woohoo -- I'm a new owner (as of December 29th) of a 2009 xB. If you have the premium pioneer head unit, you hold down the big button on the left until the menu comes up. The menu looks like a lot like the ipod interface and allows you to choose by Artist, Album, or Playlist. I've love the ipod integration thus far...beats the hell out of my old Kenwood's attempt at it. TrevorS is right though....your best bet to get the most of our stereo is by reading the really short manual that comes with the car. I had to read it to figure that one out.

jazzerciser -- I have the same issue as you do regarding podcasts. However, you can set them up in their own playlist in iTunes OR just pick the artist associated with the podcast via the Artist menu. For example, I like the podcast Keith and the Girl. Not only do they show up on my iPod as podcasts, but they also show up when I browse through Artists. It depends on how the podcasts have their tags set up. Another example is Never Not Funny, which shows up in Artists as Jimmy Pardo (he's the host of the show). That's one alternative anyway....

I have not had any issues with my ipod touch or my older U2 (non-color) freezing up with the Scion....but then again, I've only had it for a few days ;).

MidlifeCrisis--If you have the premium sound system, you should be able to select an individual playlist...I guess I haven't tried yet though.

It's great to hook up with other owners. I'm sure I'll have some questions down the road.

ROKK

Russ

·
Registered
613 Posts
good answers russ! keep up the good work, and welcome to NSXB.com! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I just bought an '09 xB in Black, with the Pioneer upgrade, and haven't figured out how to access the Ipod controls yet. Hope to figure it out this weekend. But as to the freezing issue, I haven't had it in the xB, but that would happen occassionally at home when docked. I'd have to do the reset on the Ipod when it happened. I couldn't find anyone who knew what was going on bit it went away after the last update I installed on it. I think it had something to do with the docking station interface. may be the same issue with the xB. Don't know but I thought I'd offer it up...

·
Registered
180 Posts
iPod controls info.

Playlist do work, just navigate through the head unit to a playlist and select one of the songs. IDK why I couldn't figure that out before.

For iPod control so this. With the head unit OFF, press the MENU button for a few seconds until a new menu comes on. Select iPod with the selector knob. Make sure Direct Control is OFF. Now when you plug in the iPod and press iPod/AUX it should control the iPod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.