Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Is this something you've researched?

I'm assuming you'd need an auto for the wiring to work (function like the +/- option) . . .
Sounds interesting.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I mounted the paddle shifters to the fixed part of the steering column (lower part of the column cover), meaning the shifters don't move with the steering wheel. That was a personal preference decision on my part. I used 2 momentary switches, 4 conductor wire from the local electronics store (RS), and a set BMW E46 shift paddles for the mock up/proof of concept. They are installed and fully functional. However, I will be fabricating a smaller set of paddles.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I'm VERY interested!

Tell me how you did it.

· Registered
141 Posts
I thought the first Rumions had this option in Japan when the xb2 came out??? This is cool ! Nice work!:cheers:

· Registered
200 Posts
yea. i wanna do this too.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Tell me how to. I WANT to do this!
PM is fine by me . . .

· Registered
368 Posts
Those look sweet! You say they are attached to the column and not the steering wheel......how do you shift during turns without having to move your hands on the steering wheel? Also, does your B have an auto trannie?

· Registered
107 Posts
how do you shift during turns without having to move your hands off the steering wheel?
Yeah?, I dont see the significance of this especially if it is mounted to the column, the object of paddles is so you dont have to take your hands off the wheel to shift. from the look of this install it seems the paddles are too far back in my opinion. besides the box already has the manual auto shift controls. what am I missing? Why dont I want this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.