Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2010 Scion Xb, and it came with the stock Pioneer radio, which is nice enough.

I was wondering if anyone had any information / experience with the new Alpine radio - is it worth getting?

I'd like to install a subwoofer in the back (one of those that fit into the right side of the car in the corner) - is that possible to do with either radio? I assume the Pioneer has preamp outs in the back.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi there ,congrats on the new xb.

I bought mine with the alpine HU. I like it so far but I haven't had the chance to play with it yet =). I really like it but tbh an aftermarket radio is a better option (since stealership charges an arm and leg for add-ons anyways).

Cheap way to go about this is to get RCA's off one of your rear speakers, that's just my $0.02

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey the 2010 stock radio has rca out-puts i have 2 -12s off the factory radio. The only reason i would change my radio would be for indash gps. When you hook it up turn your key in the acc then hold in the ssp and scroll to sub wof cont. and switch to on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just bought my xB and it came with the Alpine, I personally dont really like the Alpine HU, just doesnt look good, but I guess it does the job. I will eventually upgrade it to the eclipse HU just like the poster above me. So, I dont think it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
I have a 2010 xB, just got it last week (woot woot!) and I have the stock pioneer HU and it does support subs. I want the alpine one as well so that I dont lose the USB option that this B offers. I love using a flash drive to play music, its awesome. I would like to get a DVD player eventually but I dont want to lose the USB functionality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the Alpine upgrade in my xB. I've had the car for about 2 weeks. The functionality is great, but it still needs some more power (IMHO). The good thing is that it has 3 sets of RCA outs (front, rear, and sub) so you can do a lot with it without having to do a lot of wire splicing. It also has composite video in, so you can add a backup camera, or even play video from an iPod (requires a different cable).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2008 and recently bought the Premium Alpine HU off a guy who bought a 2010 and upgraded. This stereo is WAY better than the stock Pioneer my box came with. It has three sets of RCA outputs and lots of upgrades available, like back up camera and nav. I just hooked up and older 12" audiobahn sub and Kenwood amp and this thing hits! Overall the Alpine HU sounds tons better. The only thing I hate is the buttons are painted orange. You can change the color of the lights from amber to blue, but the buttons stay orange. That will have to be a future mod...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.