Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on the standard vs premium Pioneer HU. The only difference I can tell is that the premium HU has a slicker, customizable interface/screen that lets you view skins, pics and short videos from the pioneer web site. Is that the only difference/advantage? Seems like $389 is a lot to pay for an upgraded interface, but I am still considering it, since I don't think I'll be buying any other accessories.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric said:
It depends on a couple things - Do you need to have it wrapped up in your financing? Do you have plans to change out speakers and add amps & a sub? If you don't need to include it in the financing, and want a better system, definitely go w/ something else...
Do you need to have it wrapped up in your financing? NO

Do you have plans to change out speakers and add amps & a sub? NO - I'm pretty much a "basic audio" guy.

I do have a Sirius satellite radio subscription though, but I already have a plug n play receiver that I will probably rig through the AUX input on the stock HU.

$400 seems like a bit much to pay for a glitzy screen.

Guess I pretty much just answered my own question. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
The premiun HD also has 3 sets of RCA preouts for adding to the sound system later. on the standard HD, you would need to splice the cables.

I went with the Premium HD and very glad I did cuz I just upgraded all my speakers, added a sub and 2 amps using all 3 sets of pre outs... :D

Plus they 2 dealership that I went too did not have a white xb without the premium HD they both said it can be ordered...so I really had no choice. But I did haggle a bit and go the Premium HD for free... :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am glad I upgraded to the premium system. It has all the extra outputs already if I want to add sub and stuff. So Yeah me personally I think it is worth the upgrade cause form what I understand the standard system doesn't have the built in spots to upgrade and add stuff.

So my opinion would be go for it. But you are the one paying for it. I think you would find it was worth it if you do. But again that is just one guys opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts