Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked, and couldn't find a how-to on lowering springs. Any help?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, how to install lowering springs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i would think that they be that same has TC. front Strut independent suspension same has the XB but the rear on the XB are torsion beam rear suspension.
Necessary Tools needed:
1/4", 3/8", 1/2" ratchets
10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm-3/4", 22mm-7/8" sockets
14mm, 22mm-7/8" open wrench
Phillips screw driver
Flat head screw driver
Hammer
Breaker bar
Spring compressors (2 minimum)
Tools that would make the job easier
Air compressor
Impact drill
Compressor hose

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I'll be doing this Thursday celebrating my first day of no highschool ever!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just be careful with the front, they are under a lot of tension, make sure the spring compressor is secure. If you have a buddy with a hydraulic press, that would work too to keep tension on the spring while removed the top cap.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll be doing this Thursday celebrating my first day of no highschool ever!
NICE!! I have about 7 days left, then I graduate on the 28th. Where are you going to college?

What springs did you get? If I ever get springs I'm probably just gonna get them installed at Scikotics install day.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NICE!! I have about 7 days left, then I graduate on the 28th. Where are you going to college?

What springs did you get? If I ever get springs I'm probably just gonna get them installed at Scikotics install day.
I'm staying in town for college. (University of Central Arkansas) I haven't figured out what I'm going to study yet.

I got the Hotchkis from xseveredveganx for $140 shipped :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the info. I tried to register at scionlife.com and I can't I spent the time to look and no one is registered under the name of AZ Sun Love but their system refuses to let me register using the name & or past word! Still :confused:

Anyway good to know we don't need to remove the cowl! :cheers:

Was going to ask why the installer cut the bump stops? Had issue when I was told to cut bump stops on the Mazda's I have installed suspension on in the past! Big Issues too! Mazdaspeed said don't CUT or MOD the OEM bump stops!! Trust me they were right!

AZ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info. I tried to register at scionlife.com and I can't I spent the time to look and no one is registered under the name of AZ Sun Love but their system refuses to let me register using the name & or past word! Still :confused:

Anyway good to know we don't need to remove the cowl! :cheers:

Was going to ask why the installer cut the bump stops? Had issue when I was told to cut bump stops on the Mazda's I have installed suspension on in the past! Big Issues too! Mazdaspeed said don't CUT or MOD the OEM bump stops!! Trust me they were right!

AZ
Try it without the spaces in the user name or insert a _ as a space.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.