Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing like starting your day arguing with a dealership service dept.

here is the email i sent everyone i could find an addy for. unfortunately all of the emails to the dealership were returned undeliverable.

Gentlemen,

In December I was introduced to the 2011 Scion xB RS 8 at a Scion event courtesy of Scion of York. Having owned an 08 xB and knowing the quality of the Scion brand, I bought the new model without even driving it. Based on my prior experience of installing fog lights and a spoiler myself I knew I wanted these 2 items installed by factory trained technicians. Soon thereafter at another Scion club event my salesman, Edgar Estrada, and myself notice the front lower grill appeared to be improperly mounted and we also noticed the rear spoiler was crooked. A long winter later I contact Service Manager Mike Bromwell and explain the problem. I suggest that he simply send me the lower grill and save me the 5 hour round trip. He states he needs to see the car and that the lower grill couldn't have been misinstalled as it comes as a complete kit with the fog lights preinstalled. I tell him that I am 95 percent certain that only the lights are included and the existing grill must be used. Mike makes arrangements for my loaner car and I drop my xB off on 5/1. On the evening of 5/2 Mr. Bromwell calls me and states that there is nothing wrong with the grill and again states that it comes as one piece from the factory and there would nothing he could do for me. He then explains that the rear spoiler was straightened and new adhesive was applied and that 2 bolts were loose. He suggests they may have become loose during the running of some wires. I explain to him that no wires have been run in the area of the spoiler and even if they had been how would they loosen bolts torqued by York technicians. Meanwhile while we are having this conversation I pull up the installation instructions for Toyota part number PT857-52110, the fog lights, which clearly show the cutting of the existing grill to accommodate the fog lights. I asked Mr Bromwell for the part number of the fog lights installed on my vehicle and he was unable to provide it, and in a dismissive manner stated my xB was ready for pick up as they found nothing wrong with the passenger side seat belt as well. I reiterated that I expected the lower grill to be replaced and that I still wanted the part number, Mr Bromwell stated he would call me tomorrow. I dislike being treated like I didn't know what I was talking about and I feel Mr Bromwell did everything but call me a liar by his insistence that the fog lights are a one piece item.

Maybe his perceived attitude was due to the fact that it was only a lowly Scion, maybe it was to cover for his technicians or maybe to save the owner a buck. Either way this vehicle represents a huge investment for me and having a sale price close to $3000 over my 08 I do expect a certain level of perfection and professionalism.

So in short I remain loyal to the quality of the Scion brand and as President of my local Scikotics chapter I will continue to promote the brand I love but I am very dismayed by what I see as incompetence at the service department as this particular dealer. I consider it a sad statement that on my previous xB I did a better job of installing both of these parts in my backyard.

Tim DeHaven
HMIC Scikotics Lehigh Valley

the pics i attatched

grill

right side spoiler gap

left side

Then this morning I get 2 calls from the dealer saying that there were 2 bolts missing from the spoiler area and that a hole had been cut by someone running wires back there and suggests that I removed the spoiler while performing "customizations" because surely their technician Jeff with 30 years exp did it correctly, and since I had the bumper off changing HIDs that I broke my grill. they also question why i waited so long to report it. it was a long winter and i was hesitant to commit to the 5-6 round trip.

the only mods i have done back there was to 1. install a camera where the wiper was (which i still have not run the wires) 2. a third brake light overlay 3. changed back up light bulbs.

so it continues...:mad:

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I hate this for you. I, fortunately, have a decent dealership that has taken care of both of my xB's and my husbands X-Runner, but I think that a decent experience is not to be had at all stealerships.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have since gotten word that all will be taken care of.

if you look closely where the grill meets the fog you will see how the slats appear cut. i believe this happened when the fogs were installed by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have a case open with customer care which I believe led to them agreeing to fix the grill. I picked up my box last night and one of the HIDs in the fogs failed to light. im sure it's just a matter of reversing the polarity but who buttons up the bumper cover without checking the lights work? unbelievable! 2 5 hour round trips, 5 days at the dealer and i still have to fix their fawk ups!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I already have a case open with customer care which I believe led to them agreeing to fix the grill. I picked up my box last night and one of the HIDs in the fogs failed to light. im sure it's just a matter of reversing the polarity but who buttons up the bumper cover without checking the lights work? unbelievable! 2 5 hour round trips, 5 days at the dealer and i still have to fix their fawk ups!
Absolutely unacceptable!!! Apparently that Scion dealership doesn't care enough about its customers. Find another dealer if that is possible!!! :rolleyes:

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.